DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just about to buy a Mavic Air..Some questions that i have.

I

I am planning to use an android device only. So im SOOL ?
No, there's complete feature parity between iOS and android, neither is better or more complete than the other, so you will be fine.

Reactions: mad monkey
Also lets say you set a lot of custom settings, preferred resolution, video frame rate, gimbal sensitivity, yaw sensitivity and a whole bunch of stuff that you customize. What happens when you pull out the battery for a battery swap ? It forgets all those settings ? In case it does remember partially, which ones does it remember and which ones do we have to redo again after popping in a new battery.

In case it does remember partially, which ones does it remember and which ones do we have to redo again after popping in a new battery.
Installing new firmware is the only thing that should reset those settings.

Installing new firmware is the only thing that should reset those settings.
Yeah, firmware updates sometimes reset things, besides that it remembers most stuff.

The shop where im buying this says i cant check the drone before buying. He says he will only spin up the motors and power on and hover the drone. Is that ok. Any tell tale signs to look out for when buying it. Does it have any self test mode or something ? LIke my samsung ac does a self check and reports if all parts are working fine and if the install has been done correctly. Is there something like that for the mavic AIR ?

The DJI App will tell you if anything is wrong, but if your buying it new, who cares, if it's broken, just take it back and get another one

Reactions: mad monkey
Buy it already.....lol. I ordered mine thru Amazon Prime next day delivery. That's was 3 months ago.....no regret.

The DJI App will tell you if anything is wrong, but if your buying it new, who cares, if it's broken, just take it back and get another one

I guess you didn't have the faintest idea that i was buying it from a shop. There is no bill and no warranty. He says the minute i take it out of the shop theres no return. He says in the shop also he will only open the sealed box (after i pay him the cash) and then power it on and show that rotors are spinning, that's all. This is not like your amazon and best buy etc where your completely protected. If you take it back they will give you the finger. There's absolutely no return or warranty applicable. So much for customer protection in my country. Its always like this here in my country, hence the reason i was asking how to do a stationary check and if there are some things to look for. Its an expensive toy and to buy this and go home to just find that i got a lemon will be a heartbreaking experience for anybody, not just me.

Even amazon in my country has it specified clearly below the listing that this item cannot be returned, if i get a rotten apple, its on me.

So is there a way i can connect the DJI app to the drone and it will do diagnostics / tell me if something is wrong ?

And i forgot, people in your side of the west itself feel its an expensive gadget (that is at about 700 USD ?). This is costing me 1000usd in the said store and 1235usd on amazon.in with the no return policy. And all you say is "buy it already...lol", that's sad, instead tell me how i can look for signs of trouble or a fault.

If i had the protection and cost at which your buying it, i would have just "bought it already".

Last edited:
The icing on the cake is the said shop is an authorized seller listed on DJI's official website as their sales outlet. But at least he's being clear by saying "no returns once out of the shop", "no checking inside the shop either".

Hence if you guys here can guide me how to look for a problematic unit it would be helpful. I was supposed to buy this last weekend but after the shop told me their "norms" what else can i do but ask further before buying, esp at the premium pricing compared to the actual price.

If it's an official dji product new in box you should be able to register for DJI refresh. That's your 1 yr safety net.
What country are you in that has these crazy shopping rules?

Also here in Canada,
You can't open the box and return. Returns on sealed boxes only.
Once opened its yours and you deal with dji for it.
You cant open a box in store and try it. They sometimes have demo units.

So maybe not crazy rules just sounds odd the way you phrase it.

Also here in Canada,
You can't open the box and return. Returns on sealed boxes only.
Once opened its yours and you deal with dji for it.
You cant open a box in store and try it. They sometimes have demo units.

So maybe not crazy rules just sounds odd the way you phrase it.

I phrased it just as they said it. I didnt edit or modify how it was said. Its the plain truth and its bitter. And bitter is bitter, cant phrase it more pleasantly or dignified because it aint.

But looking at it your way, how come even amazon says NO RETURN, does that happen at amazon canada too. Your line of "Once opened its yours and you deal with dji for it" just contradicted your next post. Here they say even DJI will not give you any warranty or at least they say "we dont promise you anything from DJI". But then you go on to say i can register with DJI and get a safety net. But im only wondering why, when a company is selling it each drone sold isnt free, DJI is making money on it and sold it, so why hold back on warranty depending on where and how a customer bought it. They got their money for it, they've got to stand by it right. Unless they were stolen products. That guy is loaded in stock with DJI products. Yet these are his NORMS.

Hence is there anyway to check when powering on or thru the DJI app. Just want to know that as you and me ranting about their NORMS will make no difference to them and they will anyway be laughing all the way to the bank.

I guess you didn't have the faintest idea that i was buying it from a shop. There is no bill and no warranty. He says the minute i take it out of the shop theres no return. He says in the shop also he will only open the sealed box (after i pay him the cash) and then power it on and show that rotors are spinning, that's all. This is not like your amazon and best buy etc where your completely protected. If you take it back they will give you the finger. There's absolutely no return or warranty applicable. So much for customer protection in my country. Its always like this here in my country, hence the reason i was asking how to do a stationary check and if there are some things to look for. Its an expensive toy and to buy this and go home to just find that i got a lemon will be a heartbreaking experience for anybody, not just me.

Even amazon in my country has it specified clearly below the listing that this item cannot be returned, if i get a rotten apple, its on me.

So is there a way i can connect the DJI app to the drone and it will do diagnostics / tell me if something is wrong ?
Buy with a Credit Card, if it doesn't work, claim on the Credit Card, simple :)

However having said that, if the DJI app connects to the drone, reports no issues then your good, but will probably need firmware updates etc before it will let you get to the flight screen.

Where in the world are you? sounds propper dodgy :) However MAKE SURE you can register for DJI Care, if not DON'T do it, buy it from a DJI Authorised Dealer, has to be one?

That way even if it's iffy, you can get DJI to replace it directly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi