DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just about to buy a Mavic Air..Some questions that i have.

The dji app can be a bit of a bloat fest, and really only works great with fast devices.

Reactions: mad monkey
UPDATE : I had a phone set aside for this which is the one mentioned above. I now used my personal phone which is a 3gb ram with a quad-core 1ghz and the video feed was flawless. Not a single flicker so far. So i guess it just didn't like that handset.

The second problem of the blackout has also not recurred so far. Ive just kept the AIR running on the table top with no propellers. Only the internal fan is running and its recording video. I hope this wont spoil it in anyway ? Im just testing a long recording now to look for any glitches.

What is the usual duration you guys get on the remote ? Im hardly getting 1 hour on it after a full charge.

Last edited:
Battery life gets better on both the controller and the air itself after a few charges (10 or so) so just keep en eye on it.

You can plug in an external USB charger to the remote and fly it at the same time, you just need to plug your phone into the rear USB port instead (charges the phone too)

Charlas > Right now im charging the remote controller using the power brick that came for the AIR, which has 2 usb out ports on the power brick. Is this the right way to do it ? The manual is kind of all over the place and i cant find specific things like this (though it might be mentioned somewhere).

Using the above method of charging, its taking me 2.5 hours to 3 hours to charge the remote controller ? Is this even normal ?

Charlas > Right now im charging the remote controller using the power brick that came for the AIR, which has 2 usb out ports on the power brick. Is this the right way to do it ? The manual is kind of all over the place and i cant find specific things like this (though it might be mentioned somewhere).

Using the above method of charging, its taking me 2.5 hours to 3 hours to charge the remote controller ? Is this even normal ?
Never timed it, but takes a while to charge. Remember though the controller charges your phone at the same time it's plugged in, so remember to have your phone charged when you use it.

Never timed it, but takes a while to charge. Remember though the controller charges your phone at the same time it's plugged in, so remember to have your phone charged when you use it.
Usually I connect my iPhone to rc, via an otg cable. My phone is not been charged.

Usually I connect my iPhone to rc, via an otg cable. My phone is not been charged.
Deffo charges my android devices, both on the side connection and the back.

Ive heard with iPhones it doesn't do this and you can have the phone connected without it getting charged from your remote.

I just completed my first flight an hour ago. Never handled a drone before and i enjoyed it thoroughly LOL. I flew 18 minutes and landed softly at 25% battery on the AIR. I wondered if i started with my phone at full 100% charge then the remote cant charge it or at the most it will trickle charge or top it off. So i tried that method and it seemed to work, as i got to fly for 20 Mins (18 minutes in the air) and the remote had consumed only 10%. So that means theoretically i would get about 10 flights like that. At least theoretically that is.

Flight experience was very good, even though i just flew in beginners mode and limited my max distance and height to just 50 mtrs. I liked the stability & maneuverability that the AIR offered. Rock solid performance.

Reactions: mad monkey
Im having trouble with the videos though. They are glitchy with half screen blocky patches and also when i play back the proxy saved on the phone it plays at high speed. Like someone was fast forwarding thru.

I couldn't get the drone to recognize my Sandisk MSD card. It just doesn't show up anywhere to even see it and choose it as primary storage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78