DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just another buyers remorse thread

nick779

Reactions
Hi guys,

I'm on the fence here. I have a Mini 2 on the way and have been borrowing a friends to test it out. I don't have a whole lot of spare time on my hands, but I have missed flying around when I do have it. I decided to buy when I saw how far the ultralight's have come since the Spark as I've been a hobby photographer for a few years now and have flown quads off and on starting with FPV and ending with a Mavic Pro back in ~2017. No matter what seems to happen, I have a tendency to want to fly every now and then but the regulations are making it harder and harder to "just go explore" legally considering VLOS rules.

The performance of the Mini 2 is great, but I hesitate to open what I ordered. I'm not sure how often I can fly or if I'll use it much as a camera/videography drone. Come to think of it, I don't think were doing any travel for the rest of the year. I guess it's one of those I want it moments for when I can fly, but I can also return it unopened and maybe buy next spring. Then again, who knows what's going to happen with RemoteID and ultralights in the future? Can you tell I worry alot?

I guess there are lots of reasons why we buy drones including for commercial use, because we enjoy the photography aspect or, like me, just for the fun of it. If it’s the latter, even if it’s an impulse buy, I say go for it. Maybe you won’t fly it too often, maybe a higher spec one will be available next year, maybe legislation changes will make it obsolete but carpe diem... go out there, fly your drone and just have fun. There’s just not enough of that right now.

You probably have at LEAST 2 years of flying before RID comes in though, the mini fits well the sub 250g category, and can do exactly what you want right NOW.
Don't hesitate, get it up as soon as you can and enjoy it NOW, in 2 or 3 years time, you will be ready for another drone anyway.

You know this little drone works well for you, start enjoying it as soon as you can.

If you like to fly, fly. Make the time, it's a hobby. You've had other drones, it looks like, and if you enjoyed it, stay with it. If not ship it back. It's your decision, not ours. Asking a bunch of guys who love to fly, your shooting yourself, so, it's rests with you. Sorry.

Reactions: nick779 and NAVMAV
Hi guys,

I'm on the fence here. I have a Mini 2 on the way and have been borrowing a friends to test it out. I don't have a whole lot of spare time on my hands, but I have missed flying around when I do have it. I decided to buy when I saw how far the ultralight's have come since the Spark as I've been a hobby photographer for a few years now and have flown quads off and on starting with FPV and ending with a Mavic Pro back in ~2017. No matter what seems to happen, I have a tendency to want to fly every now and then but the regulations are making it harder and harder to "just go explore" legally considering VLOS rules.

The performance of the Mini 2 is great, but I hesitate to open what I ordered. I'm not sure how often I can fly or if I'll use it much as a camera/videography drone. Come to think of it, I don't think were doing any travel for the rest of the year. I guess it's one of those I want it moments for when I can fly, but I can also return it unopened and maybe buy next spring. Then again, who knows what's going to happen with RemoteID and ultralights in the future? Can you tell I worry alot?
IMO it's a nice sub-compact drone. I don't really fly camera drones of fun and just consider them an extra tool to my standard photographic equipment. It's almost micro to haul around as compared to my Mavic Pro and CS monitor. Unless you require higher quality stills/videos, as a minimalist type tool why not keep it? I don't have one but a buddy does and I like that little bugger. And in the mini class it's not like you have to bring a lot of extras along. I wouldn't worry about RID. As a mainly fixed wing flier, I haven't flown my Mavic for months but am still glad I have it to use for those out of reach areas I like to shoot still photography...I just don't get out with my DSLR as much these days and when I see all the unused or out of date photography equipment I have sitting around, I understand your point. I just like it's size and price.

Reactions: nick779
Hi guys,

I'd be willing to venture, once you open it and do fly - you'll be hooked. No idea where you live - that is not posted - but in the USA - people are traveling and a lot in 2021.

You don't have to go far - maybe your backyard to fly most of the time. I'm sure within a good 5 mile radius, you have wide open fields or parks to go fly in that does not take hours to get there.

The Mini2 is a nice small drone and it will help you with getting real flying skills. My Mini sits all alone most of the time - waiting for the day I can travel overseas to use it. Not my Air2 as it's too big and requires all those nasty regulations to fly due to weight / size.

Just another buyers remorse thread​

I really haven't read that many posts concerning remorse with any of the Mavics

Reactions: Dbez1

Just another buyers remorse thread​

I really haven't read that many posts concerning remorse with any of the Mavics
It's happening more with the Air2 and Air2S coming out. Some bought right before the Air2S announcement and would have possibly waited to get the Air2S - at a higher price.

bought mine a year ago, so no remorse here.

Hi guys,

If the sdk were out and it had the features you can get with the older and cheaper mini and spark then it'd be worth it. I regret buying it bc looks like no sdk may come. If I were you, I'd return it. We got screwed on this. Wish I kept my regular mini with litchi. Could do waypoint missions, follow me, active track etc.

Competitor has come out with same basic drone 249g PLUS 3 way obstacle avoidance and it will be out soon. Its way better. DJI has competitors now who are their equal -PLUS THEY DON"T LIMIT WHERE YOU CAN FLY- which is huge.

Return it for this ZINO MINI PRO
Or if you must keep dji get the air2, it's more what your looking for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb