DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just bought 1...E. PA

atlasx2001

Reactions
Should be here on Friday but wanted to join this forum to see what I can learn before testing the Mavic out. This is the first drone for me and looking forward to it. Much debate on what to get and this seemed to fit the best.

Open to any tips or recommended accessories that you may think of.

Also, any thoughts on living near a small regional airport? I'm near New Garden airport and using that FAA app says I'm within 5 miles and must let them know when I fly. Sent them an email asking for contacts but no feedback. Just curious if anyone ran into any issues.

Thanks!

Reactions: Tony1M and dirkclod
Hello Atlasx, welcome to the forum !
for the best accessories, it depends if you purchased the "fly more combo" or not ;)
I would recommend you to buy 2 extra batteries, and some good accessories like Extended landing gears, propellers protections, ...
There is many threads on the forum where you'll find plenty of information ;)

for the Airport, I'm not sure to be able to help, I leave in Toronto and even if there is a small regional airport (Billy bishop) I can have authorization when I fly in the "yellow zone" (NFZ) from the app directly.
DJI - Fly Safe: No Fly Zones

hope this helps
enjoy !

Reactions: The Angry Prepper
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome...I'm not too far from you (just north of Philly). It's not that unusual for the smaller airports to be delayed or not responding to requests. I also recommend searching for a MeetUp group that flies, there's a great South Jersey group which isn't to far from you.

Hello Atlasx, welcome to the forum !
for the best accessories, it depends if you purchased the "fly more combo" or not ;)
I would recommend you to buy 2 extra batteries, and some good accessories like Extended landing gears, propellers protections, ...
There is many threads on the forum where you'll find plenty of information ;)

for the Airport, I'm not sure to be able to help, I leave in Toronto and even if there is a small regional airport (Billy bishop) I can have authorization when I fly in the "yellow zone" (NFZ) from the app directly.
DJI - Fly Safe: No Fly Zones

hope this helps
enjoy !

I know exactly where you are. My in-laws are in Markham. I'll be up there in 2 weeks. I did not get the Fly More...but did get an extra battery and multi-charger. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: nicotheredfish
Should be here on Friday but wanted to join this forum to see what I can learn before testing the Mavic out. This is the first drone for me and looking forward to it. Much debate on what to get and this seemed to fit the best.

Open to any tips or recommended accessories that you may think of.

Also, any thoughts on living near a small regional airport? I'm near New Garden airport and using that FAA app says I'm within 5 miles and must let them know when I fly. Sent them an email asking for contacts but no feedback. Just curious if anyone ran into any issues.

Thanks!
Howdy from Wyoming atlasx2001, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan