DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just bought brand new 3 days ago

MEDFLIGHT1

Reactions
I have a question of my own I am new to all of this and the one complaint that I hear people saying is they updated their drone and now the darn thing won't freaking work properly... Is there a way that I can fly my brand new Straight Out of the Box no one's ever touched it mavic pro platinum and not do any updates just keep it as it came out of the box... If it would be easier to call me explain it it please do 586-255-1088

Do all updates. Don’t worry about problems until you encounter one. 99% of the time it’s an easy cure. Go fly and have fun. If an update gets stuck wait 15 minutes and if still stuck turn everything off and restart everything and update again you will be fine

If this is your first time flying take your time go to a big open area and just practice flying and getting used to the bird. Don’t forget to take gimbal protector off

agree, take her to an open flield and practice the movements and check list, rth features and such, put the app in beginner mode so u cant get in any probs u cant get out of, i practced in beginner mode for a week till i turned it off, its there for a reason,,,,, it helps

I will also recommend to watch all kinds of Mavic tutorial YouTube videos. Specially the ones from DJI support.

If you update and run into problems, you can always roll back. Digdat0 just released new videos for pc and mac detailing how to rollback to to any firmware you would like.

I have a question of my own I am new to all of this and the one complaint that I hear people saying is they updated their drone and now the darn thing won't freaking work properly... Is there a way that I can fly my brand new Straight Out of the Box no one's ever touched it mavic pro platinum and not do any updates just keep it as it came out of the box... If it would be easier to call me explain it it please do 586-255-1088
I, too, think you should accept very update. There are just too many things you could miss, like new features. We got pano like that. Those that refused to update, the very few, didn't get pano and who knows what other improvements or protections, better running equipment.

Too many people blame problems on Firmware before anything else. Just like those who fly their batteries to the point of no return, then call it a "flyaway"
Do all the updates, read the manual carefully, and ask questions before you do something your not sure of.

Reactions: JayNC
wow that mac version isnt for the faint of heart haha, wow that guy knows his stuff

Don’t believe every thing you read. I have never had one problem with doing updates at all not even a single app crash. To many people want to blame updates and the Drone in stead of them self’s. Keep all updates up-to-date on the app and your tablet or phone whatever you using.

Reactions: JayNC
Keep the drone up high out of the way of everything and practice. Make **** sure your home point is set before you take off. And make sure you have returned to come home altitude set high enough and make sure it’s set to return to come home.

Any time. Would hate for you to lose your drone over a stupid mistake. Which believe me a lot of people seem to be doing lately. If you do what you’re supposed to do you will never have a problem these drones pretty much fly themselves.

I'm the owner of a 1 month old MPP, the first thing I did was to update everything, I've had no problems at all.

The reason I posted this is because I have seen on some of these YouTube channels to wear and some tutorials where people have brand-new and inspires and they use them for aerial photography and expensive weddings and as soon as they updated the thing turned into a biggest piece of **** they ever had... So I was trying to get the Drone to fly without doing any updates

When it prompts you to do an update just do it. And you can do it through the app. No reason to use a PC. You’ll hear some guys complaining they have a problem with that as well I personally never have Again another pilot air

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661