DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new drone strange noise

mavic4life41

Reactions
Hello, I have strange problem.
I buy new mavic mini 2 se and out of the box I try to rotate blades and motors to check and here in video you can see and hear that strange sound:
Is that normal or should I return it?

Of all the DJI products I’ve had and still have, I’ve not seen what you are dealing with.
I had the mini1 and got rid of it. Not going to own anything that has the word“mini” involved in its name.
Hopefully someone with what you have will chime in. Certainly doesn’t sound right to my old ears.

Reactions: mavic4life41
@mavic4life41 ,sounds very much like one of the magnets on the outer rotating part of the motor have become loose and it is hitting the windings ,as it turns ,definitely should not sound like that

Sound terrible, need to send it back asap.
Considering all that mine has been thru and its still perfect .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.
I contact DJI tomorrow will ship it to Holland for replacement I hope not f
@mavic4life41 ,sounds very much like one of the magnets on the outer rotating part of the motor have become loose and it is hitting the windings ,as it turns ,definitely should not sound like that
This is my first mini drone i have 4 bigger DJI drones and I cannot compere the sounds but that resistance almost not turning for that small motor. I have old rc cars with brushless motors with smaller resistance in them. I will send it back today I hope DJI resolve this one.
Btw when I turn on drone its fly normal no error on app. I know its a cheap drone but again..

Hello, I have strange problem.
I buy new mavic mini 2 se and out of the box I try to rotate blades and motors to check and here in video you can see and hear that strange sound:
Is that normal or should I return it?
Almost sounds and looks like the screws that hold the props on are hitting the armature of the motors. Are they stock screws as they might be too long.

Mine does the same all engines and it flys great i think it is normal.

Hello, all 4 motors make the same sound on mine it is pretty much brand new i think it is normal but yes it does not sound very good how sure are you that this is not normal

@Dubsson well in all the DJI drones i have owned the motors have never made the sound you are getting from yours ,yes if you rotate them slowly ,then you will feel a resistance as the magnets pass the windings ,but they have not made a similar noise to yours
i would say its a manufacturing fault could be that the small screws that attach the motor to the Arm are to blame, maybe they are to long ,

Oh ****, 3 out of 4 of my Mini 2 SE motors make that noise as well, but I am pretty sure it's not even a problem that you need to worry about?

I flew my Mini 2 SE for like 166 kilometers and 13.6 hours and many beaitful videos and pictures taken and it is completely a non-issue.... to me atleast?

Have you actually flew it and see if it affects ANYTHING while flying?

I did send the drone back for other reasons tip dont! keep your new drone you will get a refurbished unit back mine had 3 hours of flight time... anyway this refurbished drone they send does not have this sound on any of the motors and they run allot smoother my guess is that they are older and more worn then the ones of my old one.

Reactions: Kodin