DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just finished my third ever video. Be kind to me please!

I am on limits too... I have a fairly recent laptop but Sony Movie Studio 13.0 and had to work directly on mSD for disk space depletion (and other space in the network being too slow). I think it's a motivation rather than a real limit...make the best out of my 1080p video.

You've done a wonderful video: nice music choice, good editing... terrific sceneries. Thumbswayup :p

Lovely, I loved the music and video.. I am new to drones and video but have been a photographer all my life, and Pro for 35 years. One suggestion, (and this is subjective) if possible bring up the shadow detail slightly in the beginning shots. I personally wanted to see more of the landscape. Another mentioned dividing your frame 1/2 way vs 1/3 which is a good tip. I think you should be proud, well done. and thank you for sharing.

Lovely, I loved the music and video.. I am new to drones and video but have been a photographer all my life, and Pro for 35 years. One suggestion, (and this is subjective) if possible bring up the shadow detail slightly in the beginning shots. I personally wanted to see more of the landscape. Another mentioned dividing your frame 1/2 way vs 1/3 which is a good tip. I think you should be proud, well done. and thank you for sharing.
Thanks for the feedback and for your kind comments! I'd love to know how to adjust my images properly but my level of expertise with DaVinci Resolve so far is limited to loading vids, cutting into clips and putting them together with some fades and dips to black or white and that's about it. I understand colour processing with still images to a point, but with Videos I don't understand the controls - they're completely different to those used for stills (contrast, brightness, shadows, highlights, saturation etc). I can understand a histogram but I don't know what gamma, gain, and most of the colour screen controls in DR actually do! I worked out that gain seems to give an exposure control effect but I need to sit down and try to work it out properly. Lots of Googling and trial and error needed I think!

I've tested DaVinci Resolve and is actually plesant to use for color grading, and a more direct experience as in normal Image software.

With my Sony Movie Studio 13 (as is for the latest version AFAIK) to have the same level of control as in Resolve I have to apply 1 Fx for color temperature, 2 Fx(es) for color correction, and 1 Fx for Unsharpen mask. With DaVici Resolve you can quickly adjust the gamma to bring up the shadows, touch up the Highlights and Shadows w/out flattening the datails as in Shadows/Highlights in Photoshop and adjust the midtones contrast similar to an unsharpen mask all within the same tab under the color button.

Reactions: Django18
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting