DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

just found why my 4k is jerky

I have stupidly thrown the packaging away... I'm not exactly sure of the version. The details on the website says it is only rated as 90mbs write which I'm told is not fast enough?

I'll bow to more experienced users views
I would think that you took the Micro SD Card out of the DJI and put it into a "Micro SD Card Reader"
and inserted it into your LapTop or Desk Top you could than Right Click on the Reader and Select Properties that should tell you something, more than you have now. Even if you have an Apple device it should tell something.....I Hope.

Reactions: Grazuncle
Easiest test is to try to run the video from a newer PC or laptop. I have been having the same jitter problems with video on one of my workstations, so I went down to the local library and the tech librarian loaded it onto one of their laptops and it played like the band. Great, but sad that my GIS/gaming PC couldn't do it smoothly. So, at least for me, it's a PC issue, even though I thought that my machine was killer.

Reactions: Grazuncle
Easiest test is to try to run the video from a newer PC or laptop. I have been having the same jitter problems with video on one of my workstations, so I went down to the local library and the tech librarian loaded it onto one of their laptops and it played like the band. Great, but sad that my GIS/gaming PC couldn't do it smoothly. So, at least for me, it's a PC issue, even though I thought that my machine was killer.

Thanks. Yes as I have mentioned.. It worked ok on my lowly laptop.

Thanks. Yes as I have mentioned.. It worked ok on my lowly laptop.
Well, then, I am in good company ;-)
I do hate the idea of having to upgrade a workstation, but that's where I am heading.

Well, then, I am in good company ;-)
I do hate the idea of having to upgrade a workstation, but that's where I am heading.
I did start on a journey of discovery (the easiest and cheapest way to display 4K.. (I'm not sure of my monitors now.. LOL) But then thought.. what is the point for the expense? If i shoot in 1080p i can use the zoom function and it is still ok for me.

I'm thinking it will cost me over £100 for a new card and it still may not work... diminishing returns for me.

Just putting an idea out there - why not get a new iPad Pro and connect it to your monitor, they cut through 4K footage like butter and you can now use a bluetooth keyboard and mice with them. iMovie or Lumafusion good editing software on them.

Reactions: halifax
Just putting an idea out there - why not get a new iPad Pro and connect it to your monitor, they cut through 4K footage like butter and you can now use a bluetooth keyboard and mice with them. iMovie or Lumafusion good editing software on them.
Thanks for the idea.. In guessing a new graphics card is cheaper than a new iPad?

I doubt know prices apart from ,'not inexpensive'

I'm liking that idea, especially the big iPad. I see they make a keyboard for it, too. Hmmm...

I'd highly agree, the newer (2018-2021) iPad Pro running LumaFusion will greatly impress! The speed and fluid graphics easily excels many PC's. Several Pro Video editors have indicated they use LumaFusion a lot now.

It's not a full replacement for FCP, Davinci, etc. But it will do multiple audio & video tracks, most LUTs available for FCPx, color grading, transitions, fades, audio voice overs, and pretty much the majority of what's needed... especially for drone footage. I'm not sure (doubt it) they've added ProRes... so that takes the M3 Cine out if ProRes.

The GPU of the iPad Pro is actually pretty amazing compared to many high end GPU's. The new 2021 M1 iPad Pro increases that to a higher capability too. The USB-C port allows using a high speed T7 NVMe 2TB storage nicely, but I'd still recommend 1TB on iPad Pro is possible.

Add the magic keyboard and the LumaFusion keyboard overlay... all the short cuts and key combos are easily performed too.

It may be higher price, but you might find it actually performs equal or better in a very portable, long battery system.

one of my favorites channels, @airphotography uses LumaFusion on an iPad Mini without issues.

Yep, the new Mini6 has a nice processor/gpu... the A15 with 5 Graphic cores. I've installed on my Mini, new screen is great! Runs fine although screen size is a bit small for me.. compared to 12.9".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike