DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got MA, very disappointed in range and noise.

Lol at acting like the air is louder than a Harley or something. Don't be over dramatic, it's not that loud. I've flown mine all around my neighbor hood and above a golf course, nobody's complained and the golfers didn't even look up. Sorry you're disappointed in the range, it's wifi so I'm not sure what you expected. I've had mine out over a mile and half away. Flying a drone is a lot like skin diving. You might be able to dive to 50 ft depth but you're not going to be able to hang out for very long. If you need more range and better flying time... spend more money.

I guess you completely missed the part where I said I also have a MP? The MA is a good deal louder - and a good deal shorter in range. I heard 'enhanced wifi' so I expected something better than video breakup while still VLOS. The noise? Subjective so I won't debate that with anyone besides a neighbor if they were to address it with me. Have a good one.

and a good deal shorter in range. Have a good one.

dont agree at all, these "Mavic Air Range sucks" posts get old...

Pro 4,428 feet and "strong interference"
Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 11.11.15 AM.png

Air 4,144 feet and 3/4 signal with no interference warnings.

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 11.11.40 AM.png

hard to argue with facts, and every one of those little homes down there have wifi routers....

Reactions: JDawg

View attachment 37147

View attachment 37148

hard to argue with facts, and every one of those little homes down there have wifi routers....
What facts? I see anecdotal evidence at best.

What facts? I see anecdotal evidence at best.

there are 2 pictures and the video is easily searchable here. Unless your not sure what "anecdotal evidence" actually means..

I bought the Air aware of the noise and range issues, and I didnt really have a problem with either...until I saw and heard my friends Pro. As far as the sound, I did not think it was THAT loud...especially compared to my Typhoon H and RC Helicopters, but my friends Pro is sooo much quieter than the Air. Is it a deal breaker? No. Whether or not the sound is annoyingly loud is subjective, but there is no doubt it sounds different and louder than the Pro.
I was also aware of the range complaints before I bought it, but did not think I would mind that either, but the fact that there is so much debate on the range (some say its fine, some say it is just as good, or better, as the Pro, and some say the range sucks) tells me I should have waited for the Pro 2..assuming that will have Occusync or something better. I never thought I would need to fly farther than 1-1.5 miles, but it would be nice to be able to if wanted, setting aside the LOS rule. Although there are distance records of the Air, the range is so inconsistent from one Air to another. Depending on where you are, when you fly, etc, makes the Air too undependable for me to recommend it to someone in the market for a drone. Besides that, I do really enjoy it, but it really is more of an "enhanced" selfie drone, as much as it pains me to say

5CF164E3-AA3B-44A3-8FC7-F5D971F6007A.jpeg There are also these evidence using Parabolic booster only.

I dropped a 4K round trip over a frozen lake without issues. In Cities many drones can have signal issues

View attachment 37147

View attachment 37148

since you want to disagree, come sit on my steps and fly yours or mine, either one. jeez it gets olld. I am having a problem with range, great that you aren't. I don't fly where you do and you don't where I do.

Last edited:
I tried uninstalling and reinstall of .12, no 5.8, removed .12, installed .14 nothing still. Removed .14, reinstalled, now I have 5.8. Too bad it's raining now.

Not as much as it pains me to read that. At the distances you can easily reach with an Air you are no longer taking selfies.

Yeah I’m wondering what constitutes a selfie drone? It just seems like something MP/MPP owners say to make their toys sound superior. Any DJI drone is much more than a “selfie” drone. They are all pretty impressive in their own right.

Reactions: JDawg
I guess you completely missed the part where I said I also have a MP? The MA is a good deal louder - and a good deal shorter in range. I heard 'enhanced wifi' so I expected something better than video breakup while still VLOS. The noise? Subjective so I won't debate that with anyone besides a neighbor if they were to address it with me. Have a good one.
Unless I was hovering in someones back yard, I'm pretty much going to laugh at anyone who complains about the noise my drone might make. It's not even close to being as loud as a lawnmower. How much was your mavic pro when you bought it?

I bet he means whatever the Mavic Pro has.
I mean whatever the Air (and Spark) has not and all my drones, helicopters and fixed wings have.

Last edited:
Unless I was hovering in someones back yard, I'm pretty much going to laugh at anyone who complains about the noise my drone might make. It's not even close to being as loud as a lawnmower. How much was your mavic pro when you bought it?
899 @ sams club, carry casae, extra props and return policy of 90 days I think. The point being I'd prefer to keep my neighbors friendly as they are now after several years of quad flying in the neighborhood. I don't want to be 'that drone guy'. that everyone leers at.

Yeah I’m wondering what constitutes a selfie drone? It just seems like something MP/MPP owners say to make their toys sound superior. Any DJI drone is much more than a “selfie” drone. They are all pretty impressive in their own right.

I'd think maybe something like a yuneec breeze or spark perhaps?

there are 2 pictures and the video is easily searchable here. Unless your not sure what "anecdotal evidence" actually means..
....sigh. Why don't you look up something if you don't know what it means?
an·ec·do·tal
ˌanəkˈdōdl/
adjective
  1. (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.
What you posted is the very definition of anecdotal evidence.

I'd think maybe something like a yuneec breeze or spark perhaps?

I can’t speak for a Breeze but the Spark is a capable little drone, calling it a selfie drone is selling it short. I’ve only heard people refer to it as that when trying to knock it. Usually Mavic owners who want everyone to know their drone is better.

Well even after getting the 5.8 channels to show up, 250 feet out, 150ft up still vlos I am losing signal/rth, pixelation. Going back. I was curious and had to try. Went back up with my MP and solid out further and higher than I want to go. No hate on it really, just won';t fit for my needs, going back to MC today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh