DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got MA, very disappointed in range and noise.

I think that video definitely goes on the positive side for the MA! What a fantastic landscape you’ve got to film in! I’m desperately trying to find some desent subject areas to film in the UK, but I live in Lincolnshire on the edge of the flattest part of England!
Can’t go that high can’t go that fast, and 21mins of flight time so close to 15-17min of real flying time. Ill take MP. My 1year old original battery just finished 25 min flight today. And if i was worrying about image quality, i would be shopping more professional :). Im more of fun drone flying-crashing guy than a cinema director:)

Reactions: Classic flyer
This is DJI's wonderful contribution to the world of drones - they continue to release drones (and everything else) which has problems from the get-go. There is no such thing as field testing, we are all the test dummies for their new gear. In other words we are all paying for their R&D.

Mike

This is DJI's wonderful contribution to the world of drones - they continue to release drones (and everything else) which has problems from the get-go. There is no such thing as field testing, we are all the test dummies for their new gear. In other words we are all paying for their R&D.

Mike
WhileI agree with what you're saying, that is also a true statement of manufacturing in general...jmo

Reactions: Underdog1964
WhileI agree with what you're saying, that is also a true statement of manufacturing in general...jmo

And they are still better than pretty much anything else for the money, so obviously doing something right.

Reactions: mapwd1702
Its all about MARKETING...and a good product! I love my MP.

Agreed, the MA is the best drone I've flown, without doubt, I think in most ways probably the best Consumer drone released so far, but nothing is perfect, ever, so look forward to what's next.

Reactions: JL337
Oh I understand all about 'reviews' but until you can get your hands on a unit all you can do is gather info from as many as possible and see video in them if you can. I did find a couple of mentions about it being quieter, but darn it I didn't find the ones talking about it being louder until I had already brought one home. I'm flying in a smaller town in Southern Illinois with a normal residential population. No large buildings just lots of single-family dwellings.

I know there are lots of wireless home networks as all the lower channels are full of noise and I'm constantly bombarded with 'signal interference' warnings and the like. I don't have access to any android units to test range and am just going to hope that DJI pops out a fix to the IOS bug that is keeping the upper channels from being available.

As far as the noise, if I were flying in a rural area I wouldn't be at a point of problem here but since it is all residential neighborhoods it is a problem. I've been flying for over 3 years from my front steps and a couple of parks in the area and I'm sure if I had been flying the MA I would have had a reason to meet the local police department long before now. As it is with a MP I've never had a comment and routinely fly while the neighbors are out in their yards with never an issue.

If the fix comes out before my return window is up I'll try it and see but right now I'm most likely returning it. I do want to like it but being used to the MP I don't see in the current state how I can justify to myself keeping it.

We shall see.

Just curious - what laws or regulations would the local cops cite about your flying?

Does anyone know if there is any update on silent props for the mavic air? 3rd party ?
I've been talking to DJI every so often about the development of these props but nothing yet so far which is really strange.

Just took my MA out 3.25 miles, no cops were called because of noise... guess it’s a win for the MA crowd!
:p

These things are amazing, most nimble of the DJI drones I’ve flown so without a doubt if somebody is hating on the MA they’re clearly justifying their MP Purchase which doesn’t bug me one bit as I’m busy enjoying my MA ;)

Just took my MA out 3.25 miles, no cops were called because of noise... guess it’s a win for the MA crowd!
:p

These things are amazing, most nimble of the DJI drones I’ve flown so without a doubt if somebody is hating on the MA they’re clearly justifying their MP Purchase which doesn’t bug me one bit as I’m busy enjoying my MA ;)

I received a nasty threatening anonymous letter from one of my neighbors here in Scottsdale because of the noise. When I take off, I immediately climb to about 375 ft so no one will hear it. But they say when it takes off and lands it sounds like a swarm of bees. I am a backyard flyer.

I received a nasty threatening anonymous letter from one of my neighbors here in Scottsdale. I am a backyard flyer.
Hahahah, that’s standard protocol for most of Scottsdale.

Instead of just coming over to learn or talk it’s the mystery tough letter, lol

I received a nasty threatening anonymous letter from one of my neighbors here in Scottsdale because of the noise. When I take off, I immediately climb to about 375 ft so no one will hear it. But they say when it takes off and lands it sounds like a swarm of bees. I am a backyard flyer.
Have they sent the same letter to the bee keeper...lol...be safe, fly smart

I was really disappointed with their behavior. I am gun shy about flying now from the back yard. I was thinking of getting a Mavic 2, but it's so large that I think it calls more attention to itself even though it's quieter. My Air is White so pretty difficult to see when it gets up there especially since most of flying is done in sports mode.

They threatened to call the police and get an attorney and tell them it's a public nuisance and I am spying on them.
Well, I myself would call there bluff...if you can handel the pressure make your whining neighbor prove that you are a nuisance...most cities have a noise ordnance after about 10 pm... if you fly during day light hours I think you'll be good to go...be safe, fly smart

I usually fly about 5PM. These people are snowbirds and always having loud drunk dinner parties. I have never once complained about them. I can't even open my sliders when the weather is nice because they're so loud. You're right about Scottsdale that's for sure.

I usually fly about 5PM. These people are snowbirds and always having loud drunk dinner parties. I have never once complained about them. I can't even open my sliders when the weather is nice because they're so loud. You're right about Scottsdale that's for sure.
Well as sad as it is, maybe you should start complaining...and get an Attorney

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk