DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got the Goggles but first flight wasn't what I expected.

I'm on the fence also, but for the reason that they look like a shoe box on your face (and probably feel like one too). I think though that I would like the exclusion of outside light.
I prefer to compare them to the Playstation VR Goggles, which are nearly the same size. :)

As far as comfort, I really can't complain about that. I haven't even taken the top wing off yet, which many say will help.

One thing I do wish they had, was a fan (to keep it cooler and prevent fogging). For the love of God DJI seems to put a fan in almost everything else, but not the goggles (I was impressed when I heard the fan kick on for the first time in my MP's RC).

Mike

+1 from me the goggles. Not as light as my PSVR goggles but that's not too surprising when comparing a wired set (PSVR) with a wireless set (DJI) with all of the internal stuff.

Reactions: Tinmania
Mike,

I'm am going to print off two sets for you, just in case you or the mail breaks one.
I'll post a pic of them here, then if you want pm me your address.

Done.
full

Reactions: genesimmons
This is exactly what i wanted to read since I'm also on the fence of making the purchase
I have avegant glyphs now with the hdmi module on my P3A
I really like the glyph but i hate the cable.
Not sure if i want to buy the nvidea shield just for the hdmi port to use with the mavic.
I think the wireless is a plus
I just keep looking at the dji goggles and they look , well, fugly.
But I can get the dji goggles today for $305 and basically free with my ebay bucks

The formula is not double, it is +1. The reason for the extra adjustment is because the screens are inside the normal focusing distance of normal eyes (about 25 cm). Even people who don’t wear readers can benefit from using one extra diopter so they can focus in that close. It is a design defect in the Goggles.

Relating to the OPs issues regarding range...

I just did a 3500m out flight with my goggles... Perfect image all the way out and back.

Yes, the focus issue sucks... I use a pair of +200 reading glasses which brings everything into focus perfectly...

Besides that I have nothing but good things to say about the googles... Quite the game changers for me. Coming from a Pixhawk + Fatsharks, this has been my goal all along with the MP. One of the main selling points was the goggles even when buying just the MP.

And remember folks, as an added bonus (applies to the MP only), remember: The googles link directly to the MP, not the RC as some have suggested. So you get an extra layer of fail safe, if for some reason you loose your RC mid-flight.

I got my goggles and linked them but haven't flown yet
I agree the focus sucks. Even with reading glasses it isn't the best.
The headband sucks too. Not sure who's head they designed it after but definitely not mine.:confused:

Did my first flight
video quality sucks too
Avegant glyphs are superior to these goggles
Oh well, not sure what the attraction is to these dji goggles
Maybe I'm doing something wrong
very disappointed

Last edited:
Tell me what I'm missing.
I'll give them another chance and change some settings

Bought the goggles but have not had the chance to fly with them yet. I bought 3.25 readers and the image is crystal clear. I want to buy the DJI corrective lenses but they only come in 3 or 3.5. Based on the 3.25 readers should I go up to 3.5 or down to 3.0 for the DJI lenses?

Thanks.

Tim

Bought the goggles but have not had the chance to fly with them yet. I bought 3.25 readers and the image is crystal clear. I want to buy the DJI corrective lenses but they only come in 3 or 3.5. Based on the 3.25 readers should I go up to 3.5 or down to 3.0 for the DJI lenses?

Thanks.

Tim
I ordered focus-fixers, haven't got them as of yet. I sent him a message through the site of which reading glasses were clear for me and he told me which focus fixers to order. They cost just a little more than the Dji lenses but the Dji ones I got hit my nose ( big nose I guess) and not comfortable for me. There is a couple videos on you tube you can see them.

I give up.
Goggles aren't for me.
Not sure what everyone is seeing that these are so fantastic.
If you have perfect vision then they will work for you.
I actually need stronger reading glasses.
The headband doesn't fit my square head. I worry about them falling off if i flip goggles up.
Like the wireless
Just too many options to set and control for my liking
Avegant glyphs aren't for everyone either but they blow the dji goggles away in clarity, adjustments for focus, smaller, and ease of use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan