DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got the Mavic Mini

welcome to the forum ,i know you want to get flying but be aware of the winds at this time of year and take your time to get the feel of the MM happy flying

Hi Guys,

Just to introduce myself to the group, I'm Darren a 47 year old from Doncaster in the UK , previous experience has been with cheap quadcoptors (Hubsan etc) and this Mavic Mini is my first DJI product.

Hoping to learn lots of tips and tricks of you guys.

Happy Flying......

Darren
Ayup, Darren. I’m from Donny as well - I live in Hatfield. Welcome to the forum.

Hi Guys,

Just to introduce myself to the group, I'm Darren a 47 year old from Doncaster in the UK , previous experience has been with cheap quadcoptors (Hubsan etc) and this Mavic Mini is my first DJI product.

Happy Flying......

Darren
Hi Darren.From another newbie. I have never flown anything RC in my 67 years. I've had my mini a month now. Nearly lost it twice. But just tapped RTH. (Return to Home) And before I knew it. She was hovering at 200 feet and descending towards where it took off from. Though I have never had it land where it took off from yet. So it usually requires a bit of flying to land near where you are. I love this little drone. Its amazing. Not sure if I should admit this. But I accidentally flew up to 575 ft. Ooooops. The video was amazing. Oh and one final thing that should be included in the pre flight instructions is for it to ask "Would you like to video this flight?" I have done what I thought were great vids. Only to then find I never Tapped on the Red Video button. Good luck Darren.
Dave

Hi Darren.From another newbie. I have never flown anything RC in my 67 years. I've had my mini a month now. Nearly lost it twice. But just tapped RTH. (Return to Home) And before I knew it. She was hovering at 200 feet and descending towards where it took off from. Though I have never had it land where it took off from yet. So it usually requires a bit of flying to land near where you are. I love this little drone. Its amazing. Not sure if I should admit this. But I accidentally flew up to 575 ft. Ooooops. The video was amazing. Oh and one final thing that should be included in the pre flight instructions is for it to ask "Would you like to video this flight?" I have done what I thought were great vids. Only to then find I never Tapped on the Red Video button. Good luck Darren.
Dave
to prevent your oops you should have the max height set at 120m in the app and then it will geofence at that height and prevent you going higher than 400 ft and if you fly out over a valley you just descend to keep your altitude in that 400 ft airspace

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.

It’s good you found this place, I did too (and YouTube tutorials) before flight, and it could possibly save many a drone if more people did find it sooner.
Read up [emoji51]and definitely take you time learning it well before going too far or too high.

The mini is a great close in drone, can take wonderful footage and photos, but wind at various altitudes is something mini pilots have to be a lot more wary of, about the bottom line really.

There are possible bugs too with a few ways it behaves, always is with new drones, and the mini has a new app and all.
Bugs seem to be progressively being flattened by DJI in updates so be sure to do those before heading out flying.

Enjoy the new hobby.

Hi Guys,

Happy Flying......

Darren
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton, Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52