DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just insured my Mavic

I tried to see if my insurance company (Progressive) had drone insurance but couldn’t find anything.

I tried to see if my insurance company (Progressive) had drone insurance but couldn’t find anything.

You don’t have to have any other policies with State Farm to get one covering your drone. If you are in CA however, I believe you are out of luck.

That was the first thing I did can’t beat $60 a year. I don’t know why more people don’t do it. It sure beats DJI and their refresh program.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
That was the first thing I did can’t beat $60 a year. I don’t know why more people don’t do it. It sure beats DJI and their refresh program.

Ha ha mine is $23 bucks a year....I will admit I have a policy that covers our wedding rings, so it was only 23 bucks to add the Mavic. It’s a no brainer.

They do not.
I'd reach out to State Farm, I had no policy with them and it was 60 bucks. The agent I dealt with said they had already paid out for one drone that had a "Fly away". She said just remember if/when I make a claim it wasnt my fault lol. Then I showed her the video of what happened to my Phantom :( and she said nope not your fault you didn't want it to hit the tree and fall in the river lol.

Reactions: RGVCycling
I just had my Inspire, MP, and P4 insured this week for 129ish. I also transferred 5 vehicles, Motorhome and 3 houses [emoji106]. Saved a lot this week.
I’m glad this forum mentioned State Farm for the Drone insurance [emoji106]

I find them very high when it comes to motorcycles and cars. On the drone you can’t beat them.

Got mine, insured my bag with 2 drones mavic pro and air all accessories and a dslr camera 3500 worth of stuff for $60 no deductible. It's a no brainer

I have my car with SF. What does your insurance policy on the Mavic cover? Thanks...
Repair or replace. Have receipt, drone and accessories that you would like included. Lady told me they already paid out for one drone from that office that was a fly away.

Zero deductible

Reactions: Chirp
Wish we had it in CA. With State Farm I'm only covered with theft and a 500 deductible. Almost not worth reporting it unless other items are missing.

State Farm has outrageously high rates and there are only 2 reasons to buy any type of insurance: #1 it's the law or #2 peace of mind.

Last edited:
Make a claim... go ahead. Do it.

That **** ends up on your "insurance record" and your home insurance will go up if you make a claim... might not happen the first time but do it twice.

I've got over $25k worth insured through state farm. It's there for emergency only period. like if my camera bag got stolen it covers it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeronkat