DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered Mavic 2 Pro and it got shipped, Was it a mistake?

Reason I bought the M2P.
Is there anyway to lock the MP focus at infinity? In still photo mode during night flight, the images are out of focus. I touch the screen and sometimes it focuses accurately, other times, not. I toggled between auto and manual focus. In manual, I see a slider appear but don’t know how to slide it. Thanks for any tips.

So I just ordered a Mavic 2 Pro and it's getting shipped, but looking at all these videos and chat about image quality and sharpness compared to Zoom, is the sensor really bad compared to zoom or its something that can be corrected during post or changes to the settings in the drone?

Hopefully, this won't start a mine is bigger than your thing ;)
All I want to know is if I can correct the sharpness and muddiness during post.

Thank's in advance
Why would you think it’s a mistake? I have the M2P and it’s an amazing drone! I have been flying it for about a month now and it shoots unbelievably clear, clean videos and pictures. You’re going to be happy with your purchase, trust me! I also own the Inspire 2 and x5s camera with many different Olympus lenses and the M2P competes with it for quality and clarity on an almost level playing field. I did say ALMOST! Just familiarize yourself with the camera settings and then you’ll find out how great of a drone you purchased.
Happy flying my friend!

Attachments

• 7995A1B7-F7E8-40A2-8672-FFAF497D9C3B.jpeg
    7995A1B7-F7E8-40A2-8672-FFAF497D9C3B.jpeg
    929.6 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: kilomikebravo
Why would you think it’s a mistake? I have the M2P and it’s an amazing drone! I have been flying it for about a month now and it shoots unbelievably clear, clean videos and pictures. You’re going to be happy with your purchase, trust me! I also own the Inspire 2 and x5s camera with many different Olympus lenses and the M2P competes with it for quality and clarity on an almost level playing field. I did say ALMOST! Just familiarize yourself with the camera settings and then you’ll find out how great of a drone you purchased.
Happy flying my friend!

Now that I see what the camera is capable of, definitely not a mistake!!!! I got scared when I saw unedited video between Zoom and 2 Pro, Zoom was way sharper, but like everyone said, if own a 2 pro, you better know how to use a camera and know your way around editing software which I do to point, but I do need to sharpen my skill a bit moooooore ;)

Happy flying my friend!

By the way that is a sick decal on your drone!!!, where did you get it?

No Mistake, I have now flown some 22hours (88flights) with mine & this week I've just produced a 49 stitched image 65inch X 45inch print (but can't afford that size print ) so have had a 1/2 size A0 (46inch x33inch) print made - every one who has seen it including the printer and myself, just say WOW!!!!

I flew on my own 50 waypoints at 385ft covering the whole of our 30acre nature reserve. The sharpness at that size is unbelievable. I can magnify a single image from the set of 49 and what I thought was a plastic bag stuck in the river, was a swan feeding with his head under water.
I also use three Nikon full frame 45meg pixel cameras so am very used to high resolution images, with out a doubt the Hasselblad's 1inch sensor is truly stunning. The original 49 stitched image file was 196MB the final squared cropped image to print is 166MB, no sharpening needed. shot in jpeg as my stitching program does not like Raw files.
The only thing I have had problems with is when taking still shot panoramas if take images in low light & my shutter speed is too low (say1/30th) not shoot too quickly as I rotate because I end up with camera shake even though the M2P is rock solid in tripod mode.
Down load the latest M2P firmware as my original images were a touch soft but Dji have some how tweaked it with out it looking unnaturally sharp like on my MP Platinum.

No Mistake, I have now flown some 22hours (88flights) with mine & this week I've just produced a 49 stitched image 65inch X 45inch print (but can't afford that size print ) so have had a 1/2 size A0 (46inch x33inch) print made - every one who has seen it including the printer and myself, just say WOW!!!!

I flew on my own 50 waypoints at 385ft covering the whole of our 30acre nature reserve. The sharpness at that size is unbelievable. I can magnify a single image from the set of 49 and what I thought was a plastic bag stuck in the river, was a swan feeding with his head under water.
I also use three Nikon full frame 45meg pixel cameras so am very used to high resolution images, with out a doubt the Hasselblad's 1inch sensor is truly stunning. The original 49 stitched image file was 196MB the final squared cropped image to print is 166MB, no sharpening needed. shot in jpeg as my stitching program does not like Raw files.
The only thing I have had problems with is when taking still shot panoramas if take images in low light & my shutter speed is too low (say1/30th) not shoot too quickly as I rotate because I end up with camera shake even though the M2P is rock solid in tripod mode.
Down load the latest M2P firmware as my original images were a touch soft but Dji have some how tweaked it with out it looking unnaturally sharp like on my MP Platinum.

Sweat, Yep can you tell us the process of how you do the stitching and maybe see what this WOW picture is?

So I just ordered a Mavic 2 Pro and it's getting shipped, but looking at all these videos and chat about image quality and sharpness compared to Zoom, is the sensor really bad compared to zoom or its something that can be corrected during post or changes to the settings in the drone?

Thank's in advance
so why did you chose the m2p if it doesnt suit you?

I mostly take stills and panoramas. Having a relative small carry-anywhere form factor yet having a powerful 20 MP 1" camera with variable Aperture able of processing RAW images, the M2P is king at that. ENJOY! ;-)

In contrast I have the Mavic 2 Zoom and I'm just as happy with it as the users of the MP2. Also have the Mavic Air, Mavic Pro and Phantom 3 Advanced. They are all terrific and I've been completely satisfied with the lot of them. As noted above the technology is simply amazing and you cannot go wrong with any of them. I've seen Mavic Pro's now on sale below $600 and think they are a great buy for those sitting on the fence.

Reactions: ff22
I'm pretty happy with my M2-Zoom...theses were all shot on it and color graded using Photos on my iPad.

Attachments

• 9FF96575-ABD1-4A59-8078-34D6CE20DA00.jpeg
    9FF96575-ABD1-4A59-8078-34D6CE20DA00.jpeg
    786.9 KB · Views: 24
  • E420CB74-A8B1-4FA4-BD44-7A74AC2B53DD.jpeg
    E420CB74-A8B1-4FA4-BD44-7A74AC2B53DD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
  • 4CEF0274-08D9-4458-8B9F-A332E997BEF5.jpeg
    4CEF0274-08D9-4458-8B9F-A332E997BEF5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: pnejad and ff22

Thank's in advance
And you're asking the question NOW? Might shoulda asked before your purchase. But, if it makes you feel better, I like my Mavic 2 Pro. No complaints except that course lock has not been implemented.....yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman