DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just ordered Mavic 2 Pro and it got shipped, Was it a mistake?

pnejad

Reactions
So I just ordered a Mavic 2 Pro and it's getting shipped, but looking at all these videos and chat about image quality and sharpness compared to Zoom, is the sensor really bad compared to zoom or its something that can be corrected during post or changes to the settings in the drone?

Hopefully, this won't start a mine is bigger than your thing ;)
All I want to know is if I can correct the sharpness and muddiness during post.

Thank's in advance

The M2P is incredible but like any decent camera the end results are down to the user not the kit.

I spent ages deciding between the two but in the end the low light performance and better dynamic range of the Pro won out.

Really do like using it too. Brilliant thing. If a chunk of money came my way I could see me getting a zoom as well maybe but I may just put that kind of cash aside for the P5 :)

Can the video\images be cleaned up \ sharpened to at least come close to zoom sharpness?
I really like the color and sharpness of zoom, but also wanted the 1-inch sensor, I Hope DJI can release some kind of firmware to make the images in its default setting to be at least as good as the zoom

So I just ordered a Mavic 2 Pro and it's getting shipped, but looking at all these videos and chat about image quality and sharpness compared to Zoom, is the sensor really bad compared to zoom or its something that can be corrected during post or changes to the settings in the drone?

Thank's in advance

The Mavic 2 Pro images and video are far better than those from the zoom, as you would expect from a larger sensor with higher dynamic range. The criticisms regarding softness in the 10-bit video mostly stem from a misunderstanding of the amount of post-processing required for that essentially raw video mode, and direct pixel-peeping comparisons with the significantly sharpened P4P video output.

Just saw these, and I'm so impressed by this image quality.
so sharp and so much details, Just amazing what you can pull out of this camera, I'm glad I went with M2p!

This guy has great videos as well
ByKlein Picture

Last edited:
The only mistake you made IMO was not having it shipped to my house!

The one I have is one of the most interesting pieces of technology I have had the pleasure to own. It amazes me every time I fly it.

Thank's in advance
it was not a mistake . you bought the best flying camera ever built .DJI_0293.JPG

Thank you all for great inputs, Makes me so Happy I got the right one!
Now I can play more with adobe premiere and learn how to create my own LUT and color correction.
It will be here next Wednesday, Can't Wait!
Be Happy ! You bought the Drone of anyones dreams ! It is a work of art . When you unbox it you will feel the joy .

You will be stoked!! and i love flying with the goggles they are so clear! but when the goggles are ON it interferes with the reception and your range is limited pretty significantly - check out the goggles forum... i think theyll fix it (i do hope) - just be aware that if you are off out in the distance and get drops/interference - just switch the goggles completely off and the drone will feed to the controller 100% and be fine for long distance running. I was saying in the RE gogs forum that i was at 500m (1500ft rough conversion?!?!) and it was dropping feed (it drops to both the gogs and the iphone) - once i dc the goggles - i flew to 2.5km (1.5mile?) from the controller / iphone combo. They say the gogs link directly to the drone - but like someone else said - they are somehow linked and the master is the goggle software which sure aint anywhere near that of the djiGO app....

theyre still bloody awesome but its just more for fun in pretty close proximity without too much tree/obstacle... definitely line of sight stuff. (cough, as it always should be)

Reactions: Napolyon1

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78