DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro Cine Camera Adjustments

Kjac

Premium Pilot
Reactions
With the Mavic 3 Pro Cine, can you make corrections like Sharpness, Contrast, & Saturation? I've read the manual and the books. Someone told me you could make those adjustments under Camera, but I cannot find it. Do I need new glasses or is it not there? Thanks

With the Mavic 3 Pro Cine, can you make corrections like Sharpness, Contrast, & Saturation? I've read the manual and the books. Someone told me you could make those adjustments under Camera, but I cannot find it. Do I need new glasses or is it not there? Thanks
On the Fly screen with the drone connected, tap the camera settings on the upper right and turn off the AE settings which should then allow you to adjust a host of other options.
Most people adjust those things in post however, since video and photo programs like Vegas Pro and Adobe Photoshop are much more powerful.
Personally - I wouldn't want the drone app to mess with the Raw files, I'd want to have full control.
You don't need the Cine version to do all of those things unless you are after Apple Prores formats.

On the Fly screen with the drone connected, tap the camera settings on the upper right and turn off the AE settings which should then allow you to adjust a host of other options.
Most people adjust those things in post however, since video and photo programs like Vegas Pro and Adobe Photoshop are much more powerful.
Personally - I wouldn't want the drone app to mess with the Raw files, I'd want to have full control.
You don't need the Cine version to do all of those things unless you are after Apple Prores formats.
I'm sorry. I'm still not seeing it. Previously I always handled as you suggested. Take the photo or movies and adjust in Adobe. The critique was that DJI was a little "soft" and the way to correct was adjusting the camera. Was going to test it out, but still cannot fine.
Are you talking about tapping on the 3 dots on the Fly screen and then pulling up the Camera drop down menu?
Thanks

I'm sorry. I'm still not seeing it. Previously I always handled as you suggested. Take the photo or movies and adjust in Adobe. The critique was that DJI was a little "soft" and the way to correct was adjusting the camera. Was going to test it out, but still cannot fine.
Are you talking about tapping on the 3 dots on the Fly screen and then pulling up the Camera drop down menu?
Thanks
"Are you talking about tapping on the 3 dots on the Fly screen and then pulling up the Camera drop down menu?"
No - touch the settings on the Fly screen that say AE and show the shutter speed, etc. (at the bottom of the screen). Touching AE - Auto exposure, turns off auto and once in manual (the icon shows unlocked) you will be able to adjust a number of other items like shooting in shutter priority, aperture priority, etc.
All of those adjustments are made from the Fly screen and not the "camera settings" and only while the drone is connected. At least, that's how my Mavic 3 and 3E work.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm not seeing it. First, thre is nothing inbetween the three dots and my magnification settings that switch between the three cameras. If I do push and hold on the screen, I momentarily get a dialog box that pops up that "AE locked". My firmware is updated and I am getting great pictures, but I do not see how to change AE

With the Mavic 3 Pro Cine, can you make corrections like Sharpness, Contrast, & Saturation? I've read the manual and the books.
The simple answer is that those particular adjustments are not available in the DJI Fly app.
Someone told me you could make those adjustments under Camera, but I cannot find it. Do I need new glasses or is it not there?
They were talking about earlier drones which used the DJI Go 4 app.

Sorry, I'm not seeing it. First, thre is nothing inbetween the three dots and my magnification settings that switch between the three cameras. If I do push and hold on the screen, I momentarily get a dialog box that pops up that "AE locked". My firmware is updated and I am getting great pictures, but I do not see how to change AE
I apologize, it's different on my Enterprise drone screens. The adjustments are at the bottom - but it appears they are limited to ISO, Shutter speed, Aperture. You may wish to look into using a LUT to get the exposure adjustments you're looking for.
Here's a Youtube video that covers some of that and there are lots more:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne