DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just Received My First DJI Drone, Air 2 with Fly More & Smart Controller

I have watched a bunch of them, most of them start out ok but when it comes to the controller they have already got theirs all set up so they say you might have to do this or you might have to do that, click here click there,

I've been watching the DJ?I smart controller vids for a week, before I even got this thing, and it's been hold up after hold up and now the controller battery is below 20%, can you imagine 2 hours of messing around with just the controller,,,,,,,
got great camera view on the screen, but can't use it, the controller is updating one thing or another.

Tomorrow it's going back into the box and back to the vendor and DJI never again.

Reactions: mrjohnc1
I've got a typhoon that the update took about 10 min. battery charges up on an aftermarket balance charger and the only thing I gotta do is calibrate the compass and it's flying, this thing is such a pain, wish I know now a week ago, I never would have bought it, or any other DJI product.

Well, one day of DJI BS and I'm done, I don't need this from a $1,500 purchase.
It will be a real shame if you don't stick with it. The MA2 and SC are great pieces
of kit. They can be quite complicated for a new comer to get to grips with but
if you hang on in there it will get sorted. There are many many people on here who
will help you. Deep breath .........relax ........repeat.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I guess this is the intro forum, learning the ropes as to speak, not my first drone, but after seeing one in action, a Mini, I decided the next drone would be a DJI and then my Youtube research sold me on the Air 2, I saw an offer for the whole kit, drone, /Fly More Combo with Smart Controller.

It arrived yesterday, un-boxed, I guess they made the carry bag a bit larger to fit everything needed for a fly day, room for the controller, drone & 4 drone batteries, very nice.

Didn't find a prop strap like my friends Mini has, but maybe it's not needed, haven't set everything up yet, I did remove all the inspection stickers, I was ready for that from the un-boxing video's.

I also purchased a separate 4 battery charger sold for the Air 2 on Amazon, and I purchased a 4th battery, they arrived two days ago and I did manage to charge that battery but the ones that came in the FlyMore kit and the one shipped in the drone won't turn on.

I saw a thread that stated a procedure for "waking up" the battery by putting the battery in the Air 2 and turning it on, single press and then a long press but the battery wouldn't turn on.

I put the working battery in the drone and it powers it up and it shuts down with the press and then press & hold,

I have yet to connect the controller to Wifi, is that needed to wake up the batteries?
Welcome to the forum the beautiful mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Hi, thanks,
I heard that I have to register my A2, where do I do that and how?

I found the pdf about batteries in hibernation for shipping, I put them in my charger and all 3 woke up.

I have a lot to learn about the Smart controller and when the kid finally gets up I'll get the password for my "Home Port" then I can proceed with the controller initialization.

I have a lanyard, screen saver cover & Scan disc, one for the controller and one for the drone.

It's going to be a few days before I can fly, weather isn't what I want, rain & wind, but soon enough.
Next fly day I'm going to fly the A2 for a pair of batteries to learn it a bit, then I've got a Typhoon Q500 4K in a Racon air frame that needs a maiden flight, two batteries worth then back to the A2 for the other two batteries, and wrap up the day with two more batteries in the A2.
It Appears you are well on your way have fun

I guess this is the intro forum, learning the ropes as to speak, not my first drone, but after seeing one in action, a Mini, I decided the next drone would be a DJI and then my Youtube research sold me on the Air 2, I saw an offer for the whole kit, drone, /Fly More Combo with Smart Controller.

It arrived yesterday, un-boxed, I guess they made the carry bag a bit larger to fit everything needed for a fly day, room for the controller, drone & 4 drone batteries, very nice.

Didn't find a prop strap like my friends Mini has, but maybe it's not needed, haven't set everything up yet, I did remove all the inspection stickers, I was ready for that from the un-boxing video's.

I also purchased a separate 4 battery charger sold for the Air 2 on Amazon, and I purchased a 4th battery, they arrived two days ago and I did manage to charge that battery but the ones that came in the FlyMore kit and the one shipped in the drone won't turn on.

I saw a thread that stated a procedure for "waking up" the battery by putting the battery in the Air 2 and turning it on, single press and then a long press but the battery wouldn't turn on.

I put the working battery in the drone and it powers it up and it shuts down with the press and then press & hold,

I have yet to connect the controller to Wifi, is that needed to wake up the batteries?
The batteries wake up by putting it on the charger.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2 and Smart Controller, I absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Well, to keep you all up to date, or updated, depending on how you want to read this, today's maiden flight got me into trouble, yup, flying before 10am is a club rule and I was out there at 8:05 cause I didn't know what to expect out of this bird and I was taking any precaution.
had to use a stylist on the touch screen, fingers too cold for it to work reliably, with as little as I know about the Smart Controller I just used the basic settings,

I flew it further than any of my other birds have gone, the screen was so sharp and clear, detail form the air like I've never seen from a drone.

First battery was partially used for the testing and up dates from Thursday when I started this thread.

IU took a break and flew my Yuneec Q5004k for three battery packs, that got me close to 10am and the members started showing up, unfortunately my Q500 was coming in for a landing after getting to the low battery warnings and that's when I got caught, darn bird just kept flying, got 25min of flight time without the camera attached,
I would have already been on the ground had it been carrying the camera, the added weight brings the Q500 down at 18min, those 8min would have kept me out of trouble.

I plyed like I wasn't quite aware of that rule and being a newb to the club they let it wash.

I flew the other three batteries down during the next couple of hours and kept my distance from the other guys just to keep the water calm.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22