DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just Received My Mavic Drop Mechanism (Drop Maze)

I think long before drones are made illegal, these drop mechanisms should be made illegal. Think about it: how much intentional damage can you do with a drone? At very best, you could badly injure or kill one person you aim to fly right into. That's not going to get drones banned since you can do the same thing with so many other things (rocks, bats, guns but don't let me go there...). And flying into somebody with a drone you will leave a clear trace tying it back to you. So this just is not a realistic concern. But here you have a mechanism to DROP something, potentially explosive or toxic, without leaving a trace. Not even thinking about unintentional damage, as flimsy as this particular mechanism looks, it could fail, and hurt somebody with the payload.

So I have nothing against the creator, as I'm sure he/she didn't have a bad intention, but I think it should be made illegal ASAP to fly drones with drop mechanisms, or their usage will sooner or later make our entire hobby illegal.

If a terrorist wants to drop a bomb from a drone, do you expect them to change their mind because congress passed a law making drop mechanisms illegal?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard