DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just returned my week old mavic back to Dji

BrundlesMavic

Reactions
Been having problems every time I start the drone. The gimbal goes through its little dance and ends up facing down about 40 degrees. I have refreshed the firmware and done all calibrations and it still does it. Dji in California sent me a prepaid UPS label. Just so you know I'm in Canada. Dji told me only send the drone, no props, cables, battery or controller. I scared shitless what's going to happen after some horror stories I've heard. Linked below is the video of the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Oh also it said on the controller " gimbal is blocked". No the gimbal lock was off and the cover. It's never been crashed

Turn it on upside down. Then flip over and do the gimbal calibration.

It takes a week for it to get to them. Once they have it, 5 - 7 days. Then another week to get it back to me.

It takes a week for it to get to them. Once they have it, 5 - 7 days. Then another week to get it back to me.

Yup, I'm in the same boat. Sent it a couple of days ago. It will get there Monday. Then waiting for them to repair/replace and send it back. Cutting it REALLY close on my vacation for Christmas to the mountains.. Has me on pins and needles..

Sorry to hear this. Had the same experience when the P2 was still their top end drone. The waiting sucks but at keast they'll get it fixed for you.

Been having problems every time I start the drone. The gimbal goes through its little dance and ends up facing down about 40 degrees. I have refreshed the firmware and done all calibrations and it still does it. Dji in California sent me a prepaid UPS label. Just so you know I'm in Canada. Dji told me only send the drone, no props, cables, battery or controller. I scared shitless what's going to happen after some horror stories I've heard. Linked below is the video of the issue.

I had the exact same problem. I recalibrated twice making sure I was in a magnetic free area. It hasn't come back but I've had very few flights. If it happens again, I have the RMA on the way.

I also sent mine in for repair to DJI in Carson,Ca however it said on the form that they want the controller as well so that they can fly it to make sure its working properly.

"6. Please ship back your aircraft body, gimbal and remote controller, so we can perform adequate flight testing for your product and guarantee that everything works perfectly before we it ship back. If the defective unit is your battery, then term 6 is not applicable."

Don't feel bad. I have sent my Mavic Pro in 2 times within the last 3 weeks I received it on October 28th. I will be receiving another one this Thursday finally, and am hoping this "adventure" finally comes to a close. First the left side of the every picture was blurry, (they sent me a new Mavic Pro). Second the Mavic Pro itself would constantly lose altitude at about .2 feet at a hover for no reason at all (sent in Mavic Pro, and Controller as well). My first one flew fine, But every picture had blur about 3/4 of and inch relentlessly. I wrote a whole thing up, explaining to Dji what I have been through so far. I hope this is my final one that I had to send back and finally get one that functions as it is supposed to function and take pictures.

Hi haven't even flown it but let the MavicPilots c take off and land in beginners mode twice but got errors of forward left vision sensor error (a00004) hardware malfunction contact DJI to arrange for repairs. So won't be much of a flight log there but looks like I will be sending it back this week

To date I have RMA'd twice... I'm still on the fence with this latest bird. It has some slight issues...

Reactions: Matisse13
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin