DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just Scored a iPad Mini 4 128 GB Wifi Only!!!!

Well, hooked the the mini to itune after I put it on recovery mode then reset and update IOS.
After it reset and updated connected the mini to RC (supplied cable), powered RC ON w/c auto open GO 4 app and it didn't even prompt to tap "GO FLY" or "Enter Device".
It proceeded to camera view w/c shows "aircraft disconnected", powered ON the MP and BAM!!!!!it's ALIVE!!!!!
Hopefully for some w/ problem like this on their ipad mini not connecting.....this is how I fixed it.
THANKS ALL!!!!

Good deal, glad it worked! I will test it out when I get home and update, thanks!

Top Hat, so glad it is working for you now. I have been using my Mini 4 right out of the box, without any problems, didn't have a clue why yours wasn't. Often when something stops working with Apple devices, shutting them down and rebooting them usually clears up the problem. Deleting and reinstalling apps also works.

Well, hooked the the mini to itune after I put it on recovery mode then reset and update IOS.
After it reset and updated connected the mini to RC (supplied cable), powered RC ON w/c auto open GO 4 app and it didn't even prompt to tap "GO FLY" or "Enter Device".
It proceeded to camera view w/c shows "aircraft disconnected", powered ON the MP and BAM!!!!!it's ALIVE!!!!!
Hopefully for some w/ problem like this on their ipad mini not connecting.....this is how I fixed it.
THANKS ALL!!!!

This worked for me as well! Immediately connected to RC after doing the restore and re-installing the update. Thanks everybody for the suggestions.

I would avoid anything Apple in light of the pathetic performance of the iPad Mini 4 which is the ONLY reason I gotten it (because it works well with the Mavic/DJI). Otherwise, this thing is a waste of money. The battery performance is simply horrid. I installed a game playing app on it and this app works very slow on the iPad Mini 4, while depleting the battery in just 2 hours or less. That, and the less than easy to handle controls of the iPad (compared to Android) means that the iPad Mini for me, is just gathering dust apart from those occasions when I use it for my Mavic flights.

A pathetic device.

Just like the title said....now what?
How do I proceed w/ this since I have no clue how (Android guy).
iPad mini 4 got 128 GB wifi only and and a IOS 11.0.3 installed.
Downloaded/installed Go 4 from app store and Google Map app so I can cache my map.
I connected the RC to iPad w/ supplied lightning cable and won't connect...there's no hand shake between the 2. What am I doing wrong, did I download the wrong GO 4 app android instead of ios?
Cable on the side was removed long time ago since I've been using the USB to connect my androids.
Is IOS 11.0.3 compatible w/ DJI app or should I downgrade to previous IOS and how?
Thanks for any help and suggestions......oh yeah I don't have other cable to try coz this my 1st apple.

Can’t you use your phone as a hotspot to run The mini so you don’t have to cashe the Maps ?

You have to make sure you have a DATA cable on NOT JUST A CHARGING CABLE or the cable is bad, I use Mini 4 with no problems of any kind...

Downloaded/installed Go 4 from app store and Google Map app so I can cache my map.
I connected the RC to iPad w/ supplied lightning cable and won't connect...there's no hand shake between the 2. What am I doing wrong, did I download the wrong GO 4 app android instead of ios?
Cable on the side was removed long time ago since I've been using the USB to connect my androids.
Is IOS 11.0.3 compatible w/ DJI app or should I downgrade to previous IOS and how?
Thanks for any help and suggestions......oh yeah I don't have other cable to try coz this my 1st apple.
You won't be sorry ... better picture .. faster response... Some tricks needed for maps and recording photos to the ipad. Haven't tried yet. Not an Apple person either but it is not unlike Android

I use the same iPad. I had to buy the cable that plugs into the USB port on the remote. For some reason the cord that came with the Mavic works with my iPhone but not my iPad. Try using the cord that came with the iPad and plug it in the usb.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito