DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just Scored a iPad Mini 4 128 GB Wifi Only!!!!

Top Hat

Reactions
Just like the title said....now what?
How do I proceed w/ this since I have no clue how (Android guy).
iPad mini 4 got 128 GB wifi only and and a IOS 11.0.3 installed.
Downloaded/installed Go 4 from app store and Google Map app so I can cache my map.
I connected the RC to iPad w/ supplied lightning cable and won't connect...there's no hand shake between the 2. What am I doing wrong, did I download the wrong GO 4 app android instead of ios?
Cable on the side was removed long time ago since I've been using the USB to connect my androids.
Is IOS 11.0.3 compatible w/ DJI app or should I downgrade to previous IOS and how?
Thanks for any help and suggestions......oh yeah I don't have other cable to try coz this my 1st apple.

Last edited:
Top I will give it a go .
Yes it's compatible and from App Store Go 4 is correct and your saying when you click on the Go 4 emblem nothing ?

iOS 11.0.3 is compatible because I was fling with it this afternoon, so that’s not the problem.

I have the exact same iPad Mini 4 and have no issues at all.
Are you using the USB port on the bottom of the RC?
If not, you should be.

You are gonna want to catche your map in the dji go 4 app before flight, not on Google maps. Rc and aircraft do not need to be on to do this. When on wifi or hotspot just open app/ enter device/ click on map to enlarge and zoom in and out of flying area. I went with the same ipad mini but only 16gb because I am only using it as a screen for my mavic (I am also an android guy). Knock on wood I have not experienced any issues, app crashes, or disconnects. I am also running 11.0.3 with latest mavic firmware and latest DJI Go4 app and I have not had any issues connecting. I bought an Anker Cable for my connecting between RC usb port on bottom of controller and iPad mini 4. Link posted below if you want to give a differnt cable a try.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerLine-Lightning-Durable-Charging/dp/B0177L6A4O

I have same setup but don't use Google Map. Think that is an Android thing. The Map should load in the GO4 app via WiFi. Then you can move out of the WiFi range or even turn the WiFi off and the map should still be there.

iOS 11.0.3 is compatible because I was fling with it this afternoon, so that’s not the problem.
My buddy has had an iPad Mini 4 and an iPad Air 2 that were running 11.0.3 and he was having no luck connecting his ipad to the controller. And there have been several other posts with people experiencing the same issue.

Is there anything you did on 11.0.3 to get it to connect or did you not have any issue?

Just like the title said....now what?
How do I proceed w/ this since I have no clue how (Android guy).
iPad mini 4 got 128 GB wifi only and and a IOS 11.0.3 installed.
Downloaded/installed Go 4 from app store and Google Map app so I can cache my map.
I connected the RC to iPad w/ supplied lightning cable and won't connect...there's no hand shake between the 2. What am I doing wrong, did I download the wrong GO 4 app android instead of ios?
Cable on the side was removed long time ago since I've been using the USB to connect my androids.
Is IOS 11.0.3 compatible w/ DJI app or should I downgrade to previous IOS and how?
Thanks for any help and suggestions......oh yeah I don't have other cable to try coz this my 1st apple.

I have the same setup, except that I kept my iPad at iOS10 for now.

To connect the gear well, what I do is the following:
  1. Fire up the RC
  2. Fire up the Drone
  3. When the RC shows it is connected with the drone, open the app
  4. Connect the USB cable to the bottom port of the RC and then to the iPad
  5. When the icon in the app shows a connected device, click on "device" and you should be good to go.
"90% of the time, it works all the time"... :p Nah, just kidding. This normally works for me. The trick is to connect the iPad to the RC after you have established a connection between the drone and the RC.

I hope this works for you too mate! Thumbswayup

Reactions: BossOlive
Well guys.....thanks for all the advises and suggestions I promised to try them all.Thumbswayup
For the meantime the morning weather is so nice I think I'll go out and do some flying w/ my proven setups..........THANKS ALL!!!!:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
Absolutely nothing special done to use the iPad mini.
I would suspect the cable. As mentioned only use the bottom USB port - that side USB port is wonky.

Absolutely nothing special done to use the iPad mini.
I would suspect the cable. As mentioned only use the bottom USB port - that side USB port is wonky.

DJI has acknowledged issues with iOS 11.0.3 and the Go4 App. The same cable works with my Ipad Air 2 that is on 10.0 does nothing with the iPads running 11.0.3.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I read that hooking the ipad to Itunes and doing a full reset has worked for others, going to try that tonight

DJI has acknowledged issues with iOS 11.0.3 and the Go4 App. The same cable works with my Ipad Air 2 that is on 10.0 does nothing with the iPads running 11.0.3.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I read that hooking the ipad to Itunes and doing a full reset has worked for others, going to try that tonight
Mine is running the latest version and everything runs great.

So weird, I wonder what would be the difference between 2 iPads running the same version OS.
Cable would be my first suspect, then some other app running that uses or monitors that port.

Reactions: ElPocho
So weird, I wonder what would be the difference between 2 iPads running the same version OS.
Cable would be my first suspect, then some other app running that uses or monitors that port.

100% not the cable, tried multiple cables including ones that work perfectly with my Air 2 on 10.0. Fresh install of iOS with no other apps installed besides what comes from Apple.

Any stock apps in mind that may be causing the issue?

100% not the cable, tried multiple cables including ones that work perfectly with my Air 2 on 10.0. Fresh install of iOS with no other apps installed besides what comes from Apple.

Any stock apps in mind that may be causing the issue?
Well, maybe a media app - many have been changed to use the lightning port in case there's no headphone jack (iPhone 7 and up).
Sometimes an install could get corrupt - try uninstalling/reinstalling.
Worst case do a factory reset and reload everything.

Well, maybe a media app - many have been changed to use the lightning port in case there's no headphone jack (iPhone 7 and up).
Sometimes an install could get corrupt - try uninstalling/reinstalling.
Worst case do a factory reset and reload everything.

Cool, Thanks for the suggestions!

Well don't leave us hanging lol... What worked for you?
Well, hooked the the mini to itune after I put it on recovery mode then reset and update IOS.
After it reset and updated connected the mini to RC (supplied cable), powered RC ON w/c auto open GO 4 app and it didn't even prompt to tap "GO FLY" or "Enter Device".
It proceeded to camera view w/c shows "aircraft disconnected", powered ON the MP and BAM!!!!!it's ALIVE!!!!!
Hopefully for some w/ problem like this on their ipad mini not connecting.....this is how I fixed it.
THANKS ALL!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78