DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Just thought I'd try

Thomas Fields

Reactions
I've been involved with photography for a number of years and have been fortunate to sell some photographs and win some prizes. I thought I'd see what would happen if I entered drone photos in shows. In July I entered two photographs and won first place and honorable mention. In August I entered two different drone photos in a photography show and won a first place and a third place. I think the perspective of the shots draws attention. Attached is the winner of the August show.Duck Pond 1st place Photography.jpgDuck Pond 1st place Photography.jpg

I have one but never get results like that. You have a good eye for the subject matter and the camera did its job.

It’s very over sharpened but if it wins you a place then we’ll done!
I consider your comment as a suggestion for improvement and I appreciate it. For the show, I printed the photo as an 12in X 18in image. At that size it's not quite as sharp especially behind glass.

I consider your comment as a suggestion for improvement and I appreciate it. For the show, I printed the photo as an 12in X 18in image. At that size it's not quite as sharp especially behind glass.

Exactly that, never a criticism. I always try and encourage. If you look at the water just to the lower left of the tree on the island you’ll see the effect and especially in the noise in the clouds.

Sharpening is achieved by increasing the contrast between regions of existing contrast such as between a tree trunk or twig and a lighter background. Too much and it creates an unnatural ‘edge’ emphasising noise.

Dialling it back a bit will help.

I've been involved with photography for a number of years and have been fortunate to sell some photographs and win some prizes. I thought I'd see what would happen if I entered drone photos in shows. In July I entered two photographs and won first place and honorable mention. In August I entered two different drone photos in a photography show and won a first place and a third place. I think the perspective of the shots draws attention. Attached is the winner of the August show.
wow this is really a fantastic shot, compliments for the first and third place Thomas! Thumbswayup Thumbswayup
cheers Paul

I've been involved with photography for a number of years and have been fortunate to sell some photographs and win some prizes. I thought I'd see what would happen if I entered drone photos in shows. In July I entered two photographs and won first place and honorable mention. In August I entered two different drone photos in a photography show and won a first place and a third place. I think the perspective of the shots draws attention. Attached is the winner of the August show.View attachment 114892View attachment 114892
Stellar colors and composition!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64