DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just upgraded from Mavic Air to Mavic 2 Pro

Welcome to the forum! :)

I just purchased the Mavic 2 Pro with the Smart Controller. I have the controller and drone activated and updated, but haven't had the chance to fly it yet. I can hardly wait. The weather isn't the best here in Minnesota yet.

( Mod Removed )the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Emailer, you're ahead of myself. I got my M2P last Saturday after I missed the mail lady n chased her down going 100 mph. I should've paid 2nd day Air, n maybe got it on day4. Live in the woods n things are different here.

You're ahead of cuz I still haven't played with my M2P Smart Controller yet. Been cold n snowy weather n been too busy, which is a poor excuse. Let us know how your first flight goes. I'll take a few pointers from anyone out there, got a ole paradog at this end. An technology outside of NVGs n Thermals I struggle with at first. Welcome n do say hey. Ty

I just purchased the Mavic 2 Pro with the Smart Controller. I have the controller and drone activated and updated, but haven't had the chance to fly it yet. I can hardly wait. The weather isn't the best here in Minnesota yet.
My Fly-More M2P arrived on Wednesday. Got it up on Thursday just to activate. Friday now... it is raining, and I am reading all horror stories about fly-aways and other issues. Will I have the guts to fly it again on location?

Reactions: Former Member
My Fly-More M2P arrived on Wednesday. Got it up on Thursday just to activate. Friday now... it is raining, and I am reading all horror stories about fly-aways and other issues. Will I have the guts to fly it again on location?

Horror stories are just that, stories. Not much truth to them.

When I was a Boy Scout, there was the horror story of Cropsey, the night stalker who would come and take young scouts away, tear their heads off, and chew up their bones. Cropsey is just a myth, so are flyways and other Mavic horror stories, but they make for great campfire fodder.

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Former Member
Welcome to the forum!
Hope the weather breaks for you so you can get in the air! Does give you a chance to study the manual though.... FLYON!

Reactions: Lubelaczek
Horror stories are just that, stories. Not much truth to them.

When I was a Boy Scout, there was the horror story of Cropsey, the night stalker who would come and take young scouts away, tear their heads off, and chew up their bones. Cropsey is just a myth, so are flyways and other Mavic horror stories, but they make for great campfire fodder.
I had few "close encounters". One ended on side wall of my house. :eek: Didn't notice that home point was marked "inside house" and hit RTH. Panicked. Tried to pull it away manually, sensors were off. Slamed quite hard, dropped to ground like stone and... I tried to pick it up while motors were running. Ouch... Lucky me, propellers were slowed by wall and ground.
99% of the stories including mine, were caused by pilot error. Even those where our "birds" show "mind of their own". Some of them can be predicted, some can not. I am just getting paranoid about loosing 2k for reason that is beyond my control.

Welcome to the forum!
Hope the weather breaks for you so you can get in the air! Does give you a chance to study the manual though.... FLYON!
I don't know about EmailGuy but I did my reading before M2P maiden hover. Not much new informations but some were clarifying common myths. Helps to keep peace of mind.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: Mav1c
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup
I also have thought of upgrading my MA M2P, but the more I use my MA and see the quality video it produces, I am thinking of the M2P less and less. Not sure, but if the M2P allows user to move the gimbal left and right as well as up and down, I might reconsider. MA only has up and down and you have to move the aircraft left and right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev