DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just Why?

Cashcache stole my comment. This IS natural selection

Isn't natural selection about people not smart enough to keep alive to.... Not keep living? Those kids all walked living from this video in my best knowledge, many showed quite gymnastics skills. Skill that keeps them alive under the circumstances.

But ok, I get your point.

Last edited:
I think that circulating videos of this sort is harmful because these videos give a distorted view of the risks involved. We never see people slipping and falling to their deaths or getting maimed, etc.. No, we just see them doing some utterly foolish, stupid, and dangerous act and.......Hey! They're OK!. Gee, maybe I should do something like that but even more spectacularly death-defying so that I can be a social media sensation, too! What could go wrong? All these other people did that and none of them got hurt. In fact, it looks like they had a great, fun time at it!

What we really need to balance out videos of this sort are videos showing these dangerous stunts going horribly wrong. How about one showing that young woman walking on that balcony ledge with her orange gown flowing down to her feet and her unexpectedly stepping on the gown and slipping and falling to her death? How about one of those guys hanging by one hand from a crane accidentally loosing his grip and falling screaming to his doom? How horrible for you to even suggest such things, Wombat, you say? What a gruesome, sick mind you have Wombat, you exclaim? Hey, I say let young people see the real, honest risks associated with such behavior rather than just watching videos in which stupid, dangerous acts always have happy endings, thus encouraging others to try to top such stunts with even more stupid and even more dangerous acts.

Yeah! And young people shooting each other is all to blame on TV and video games right?
How disabled has people's brain to be if seeing something makes them do the same without calculating factor as "I'm probably going to die" or the fact that those people in the video are probably trained in gymnastics or parkour.

There are alot of activities that we think is fine to participate in wich have alot of danger involved like racing of all kinds, jumping from airplanes, fly in some kind of suit, or hang on some wing. In my opinion all completely mad, but I respect people's right to do it and I don't thing guys who do base jumping are to blame for idiots who kill them selfs because they tought it was cool and repeat something after highly trained people.

Common guys, there is a way to much judging going on here. Alot of People get killed or disabled by horse throwing them to the ground, every act possible involves some risk.

I think that circulating videos of this sort is harmful because these videos give a distorted view of the risks involved. We never see people slipping and falling to their deaths or getting maimed, etc.. No, we just see them doing some utterly foolish, stupid, and dangerous act and.......Hey! They're OK!. Gee, maybe I should do something like that but even more spectacularly death-defying so that I can be a social media sensation, too! What could go wrong? All these other people did that and none of them got hurt. In fact, it looks like they had a great, fun time at it!

What we really need to balance out videos of this sort are videos showing these dangerous stunts going horribly wrong. How about one showing that young woman walking on that balcony ledge with her orange gown flowing down to her feet and her unexpectedly stepping on the gown and slipping and falling to her death? How about one of those guys hanging by one hand from a crane accidentally loosing his grip and falling screaming to his doom? How horrible for you to even suggest such things, Wombat, you say? What a gruesome, sick mind you have Wombat, you exclaim? Hey, I say let young people see the real, honest risks associated with such behavior rather than just watching videos in which stupid, dangerous acts always have happy endings, thus encouraging others to try to top such stunts with even more stupid and even more dangerous acts.

Agreed..

Yeah! And young people shooting each other is all to blame on TV and video games right?
How disabled has people's brain to be if seeing something makes them do the same without calculating factor as "I'm probably going to die" or the fact that those people in the video are probably trained in gymnastics or parkour.

There are alot of activities that we think is fine to participate in wich have alot of danger involved like racing of all kinds, jumping from airplanes, fly in some kind of suit, or hang on some wing. In my opinion all completely mad, but I respect people's right to do it and I don't thing guys who do base jumping are to blame for idiots who kill them selfs because they tought it was cool and repeat something after highly trained people.

Common guys, there is a way to much judging going on here. Alot of People get killed or disabled by horse throwing them to the ground, every act possible involves some risk.

Oh, please. You're saying that the reckless stuff shown in this video is comparable to horse riding or parachuting? You just don't have a clue, do you? Things like horse riding or parachuting are activities which have a degree of risk, but those who participate in those activities generally take mature, intelligent and responsible precautions to minimize risks to acceptable levels. They wear helmets. They check and double-check their equipment to make sure that it is in good order. Their purpose is to enjoy their sport, not to taunt death. The stuff we saw on this video, on the other hand, shows young people deliberately acting in the most immature, stupid, and irresponsible manner possible for the sole purpose of taunting death as much as possible. They don't just walk on a narrow balcony high up on a building. No, they walk on a high narrow balcony while wearing a long, flowing gown that they could easily trip over. They don't just hang from a high crane with both arms. No, they hang from a high crane using only one arm. Their approach to their activity is the complete, 180-degree opposite of the mature, intelligent, and responsible attitude with which horse riders and parachutists approach their sport. You're a complete fool if you don't see the difference.

Last edited:
I couldn't make it to the end. My hands were literally dripping with sweat. I'm probably going to have nightmares.

Reactions: Ebruce
Love it, I understand why some here fear it, some hate it and others have a fix for it. (having once got stuck 600 feet up a cliff wth no ropes etc, I do know what fer is at height).

I only have a sense of awe at these peoples abilities to have no fear at these heights.

When i finally got off the cliff, i had very brown trousers and never free climbed again ever.

Sorry but nothing artistic here. I can appreciate art but this is not it. Typical people screaming for typical attention. Poser attitude. I watched it until the very end hoping for something interesting..still made me waste 4 minutes plus typing.
This is just more dumb stuff, there is so much dumb stuff already.

I used to enjoying watching these videos some years ago, and always wondering the same..."How they can get inside those restricted areas?" The building tower at the beginning, or other supposed secured and restricted places in the video...

Well...till I came to live in China, I understood it all

You can basically get into anywhere you want to.
No safety or security measures

As you can see, 99% of the footage is filmed in China (yes, HK is China too, a bit less, but it is)
Here is very easy to get inside the building and go upstairs

I´m old now and appreciate life more than before, I never did things like that, bus some 320km/h with my motorcycle have been done...and it was amazing then...not now
When we are young we do stupid things...no doubt

But honestly, these images are too much for my heart! Beautiful, yes, no doubt, but extremely risky! (the one that made my jaws drop was the one of the guy sliding down the edge of the roof of that top building...WOA! Tom Cruise would like to meet this guy for his new M:I....

Well, whatever...just for you to know, I´m not going to add any links but if you consider this is crazy...you should see a group of Russian young boys...they do one or two steps beyond these images...totally unbelievable...

Enjoy, but fly safe

Reactions: Steve1966
Not only NO, but Hell NO!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer