DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just Why?

Ebruce

Reactions
Check out this video. ------- was just browsing for FPV and stumbled upon this!
What would posses someone to do such foolish things?
I get heartburn just watching it!
Each to there own i guess......

I agree!!! Why would anyone put the people at risk for flying so close with the drone! Why would they fly so close to buildings and private property without permission. This is just reckless!
:p

The electric hover board was probably the dumbest thing to do. They are made in China and they are so unpredictable in what they do. ( The hover board, not china :) )

Reactions: kykayak and Ebruce
Check out this video. ------- was just browsing for FPV and stumbled upon this!
What would posses someone to do such foolish things?
I get heartburn just watching it!
Each to there own i guess......

I had a friend just like this when I was growing up and now that I am older I understand what eluded me back then. Most Adrenalin junkies are the same as drug addicts. Only difference is that it's a natural high, but just like regular Junkies they will do anything for a fix.

To make a long story short my friend had a huge motorcycle and he got his really beautiful girl friend also hooked on the Adrenalin rush. Just like the first couple in the video he would be out doing crazy stuff, like 170MPH+ on the highways, eluding police chases and doing all kinds of other crazy stuff with her. Always claiming how great the love making was after a life and death ride.

Then one day he had an accident at about 60mph. They both went flying off the bike. He got up with barely a scratch but she had road rash all over one side of her face. He visited the hospital for about a week to check on her. When the bandages finally came off after about 6 weeks, he looked at her and then officially left her about two weeks later. Soon afterwards he had another good looking girl on the bike. I always felt so sorry for that first girl, she was so badly scarred that she stayed home 24/7 until eventually her parents moved. Like any typical junky he did not give a crap, he just went on riding. We parted ways right after he left her. I realized just how shallow he was and that he really had no friends, only people to hang out with and tell his stories to.

Rob

They accomplished their goal, get on YouTube. 15 minutes of fame and if they fall it's Headline news. Stupid.

I had a friend just like this when I was growing up and now that I am older I understand what eluded me back then. Most Adrenalin junkies are the same as drug addicts. Only difference is that it's a natural high, but just like regular Junkies they will do anything for a fix.

To make a long story short my friend had a huge motorcycle and he got his really beautiful girl friend also hooked on the Adrenalin rush. Just like the first couple in the video he would be out doing crazy stuff, like 170MPH+ on the highways, eluding police chases and doing all kinds of other crazy stuff with her. Always claiming how great the love making was after a life and death ride.

Then one day he had an accident at about 60mph. They both went flying off the bike. He got up with barely a scratch but she had road rash all over one side of her face. He visited the hospital for about a week to check on her. When the bandages finally came off after about 6 weeks, he looked at her and then officially left her about two weeks later. Soon afterwards he had another good looking girl on the bike. I always felt so sorry for that first girl, she was so badly scarred that she stayed home 24/7 until eventually her parents moved. Like any typical junky he did not give a crap, he just went on riding. We parted ways right after he left her. I realized just how shallow he was and that he really had no friends, only people to hang out with and tell his stories to.

Rob
A sad story for sure man, but girls can also quite often get hooked on the adrenalin rush they get from a guy like that - if he'd turned into a steady, dependable accountant I'm not going to bet the shine might not have worn off him too. We're all just trying to find a way to feel something.

I wouldn't do it, but I can't help but enjoy watching these types of videos, just like some of the proximity flying stuff people do in wingsuits. These "urban rooftop" things freak me out a bit though, by all means do what you want with your own life but I don't really want to take an 80kg thrillseeker to the cranium when I'm out buying some milk.

A sad story for sure man, but girls can also quite often get hooked on the adrenalin rush they get from a guy like that - if he'd turned into a steady, dependable accountant I'm not going to bet the shine might not have worn off him too. We're all just trying to find a way to feel something.

I wouldn't do it, but I can't help but enjoy watching these types of videos, just like some of the proximity flying stuff people do in wingsuits. These "urban rooftop" things freak me out a bit though, by all means do what you want with your own life but I don't really want to take an 80kg thrillseeker to the cranium when I'm out buying some milk.

I found the video beautiful. Good editing and photography.

I feel like most commenter here have made the years blur out the memories of the recklessness of being young. I can still remember that feeling of immortality. Actually I don't think I really understood that I could die until my first kid was born when I was 24 years old.

I did really stupit and really dangerous things, just for the fun of it. I just didn't have a video posted on YouTube with my stupidity.

Also those guys on the video must have trained them selfs in gymnastics or parkour or any sport, Noone is able to walk on thin pipes in such Hights unless to have done it often. So I guess their more likely to come down in whole than not. But then again, if they would fail, they have no chance of experience to come down.....

My point, it's better than uhm.... Let's say drug abuse, wich many people are stuck in at their age.

Last edited:
Reactions: BorisTheSpider

Rob

I've left behind few for similar reasons.

I found the video beautiful. Good editing and photography.

I'm down with this. Aside from what I said about keeping your risk taking strictly personal and not endangering people on the ground, I also think this stuff is beautiful and especially the girl at the start who is extra beautiful just because the precariousness of the situation emphasises her youth and transience - one slip and....

Reactions: Red_Raven
In my day people didnt need to climb to the tops of buildings for fun...We'd sit around while old-timers like Red and Warren would spin us a yarn about the good old days. We didnt have youtube, selfies and the Facebook to get us wound up and agitated.

Oh how i yearn for those simpler times....

Reactions: Slayerstwin
I think that circulating videos of this sort is harmful because these videos give a distorted view of the risks involved. We never see people slipping and falling to their deaths or getting maimed, etc.. No, we just see them doing some utterly foolish, stupid, and dangerous act and.......Hey! They're OK!. Gee, maybe I should do something like that but even more spectacularly death-defying so that I can be a social media sensation, too! What could go wrong? All these other people did that and none of them got hurt. In fact, it looks like they had a great, fun time at it!

What we really need to balance out videos of this sort are videos showing these dangerous stunts going horribly wrong. How about one showing that young woman walking on that balcony ledge with her orange gown flowing down to her feet and her unexpectedly stepping on the gown and slipping and falling to her death? How about one of those guys hanging by one hand from a crane accidentally loosing his grip and falling screaming to his doom? How horrible for you to even suggest such things, Wombat, you say? What a gruesome, sick mind you have Wombat, you exclaim? Hey, I say let young people see the real, honest risks associated with such behavior rather than just watching videos in which stupid, dangerous acts always have happy endings, thus encouraging others to try to top such stunts with even more stupid and even more dangerous acts.

Cast of characters for this type of video is probably small. I'm not going to worry much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_