DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mabuhay from the Philippines!

kabaww

Reactions
Good day to everyone!

I experienced my first crash after owning my first Mini 3 Pro for 2 years. And you guessed it, it was for a "money shot".
That got me pretty bummed for the past few weeks because I tried to DIY it by replacing broken mechanical parts but to no avail. I'm a DIY guy but this complex piece of technology is way over my league.
Browsing through, this forum and its members have been super helpful so far to convince me to finally send it to a DJI Authorized Service Center.
We don't have DJI Care here in the Philippines so I'm pretty sure my repair would cost a lot. I'm thinking about just cutting my losses and selling it for parts when I get a huge quotation.
I'm just so mad at myself for thinking that I was flying safe enough. I have been following my checklists all the time whenever I fly but I didn't know what got into my head that day.

Ironically however, here's a drone safety video I posted on Instagram.

I'm so glad to be a part of this forum so I could hopefully avoid my mistakes in the future (especially since I'm planning on flying FPV!). Here's to more interesting conversations!

Hello from the Crossroads of America kabaww.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

I tried to DIY it by replacing broken mechanical parts but to no avail. I'm a DIY guy but this complex piece of technology is way over my league.
What exactly did you break Maybe I can Help. Drones are complex but at the same time easy. If you are going to want to fly FPV you will want to learn to build them yourself. Start watching Bardwell on the Youtube - and Download LIFTOFF and start learning to Fly Acro. Flying in Acro is just SO much more enjoyable than flying with a drone that just hovers there! and has almost NO pitch.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Greetings: from Chicago the Windy City, welcome to the forum.
FLY SAFE & FLY SMART ALSO FLY LEGALLY.
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Bird.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Kumusta na po from Canada! Been wanting to go back to the Philippines to show my adult kids our heritage. What are the drone rules for tourist destinations like Boracay & Palawan? I’ve seen some drone videos of these places but don’t know if they were flown illegally or not! Salamat po at ingat lang!

Reactions: LoudThunder
Kumusta na po from Canada! Been wanting to go back to the Philippines to show my adult kids our heritage. What are the drone rules for tourist destinations like Boracay & Palawan? I’ve seen some drone videos of these places but don’t know if they were flown illegally or not! Salamat po at ingat lang!
Hobbyists can fly po anywhere here as long as 10km away from an airfield (even inactive ones) + maintain VLOS. However, private land owners can always restrict you from flying your drone on their property, even though it's technically legal for you to fly. AFAIK, the beaches of Boracay are privately owned so they might be stricter than those from Palawan. Hopefully your family can visit our culturally rich destinations here! Ingat po always.

• Wow
Hobbyists can fly po anywhere here as long as 10km away from an airfield (even inactive ones) + maintain VLOS. However, private land owners can always restrict you from flying your drone on their property, even though it's technically legal for you to fly. AFAIK, the beaches of Boracay are privately owned so they might be stricter than those from Palawan. Hopefully your family can visit our culturally rich destinations here! Ingat po always.
Salamat po for your quick reply! May weight restrictions ba sa Pinas? Do 250g & heavier drones get treated differently (stricter) like they are in Canada? Ingat lang!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne