DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kansas City, MO

There are many KC parks to fly from - Minor Park and Loose Park might be a good start. If within 5 miles of the downtown airport be sure and call. They're good about it.

Definitely be careful of the downtown airport. There's lots of cool places that are within five miles.

I fly around Minor Park a lot. There's also some good open areas south of Martin City.

I went to Longview Lake over the weekend and it was great. I'd imagine it may get a bit crowded once it warms up, but for now it's awesomeDJI_0332.JPG

Reactions: shaverdan
Nice, have you encountered much enforcement of the "no drone" rules in KCMO parks? I think I am legal if I take off and land outside park, but I think there is an ordinance prohibiting flying within the park except in Longview case, the air-field for which you might be required to be member of AMA and maybe local club. I am AMA member but am averse to joining any club that would have me.

I know most of the parks on the Kansas side have ordinances like that but I don't know about MO. Never had an issue, but my house is right next to Minor Park so I just take off and land from my deck.

I have flown down at bass pro lake several times and had no issues. Just try to stay away crowds of people. Be respectful. Lots of good footage. I WOULD LIKE TO GET PEOPLE TOGETHER THIS SPRING AND GO FLY with EVERYONE. EMAIL ME [email protected]...should be fun!!!

Reactions: nick007 and timdks
Checking in from KC! I went downtown and snagged some footage for a project yesterday and the day prior. Few police officers drove passed me and probably figured out what I was doing...and waved at me. I expected them to stop me, but didn't.

Reactions: Tshred57 and timdks
Nice, have you encountered much enforcement of the "no drone" rules in KCMO parks? I think I am legal if I take off and land outside park, but I think there is an ordinance prohibiting flying within the park except in Longview case, the air-field for which you might be required to be member of AMA and maybe local club. I am AMA member but am averse to joining any club that would have me.

I believe the local LEOs know that you aren't supposed to fly over people, but other than that I don't think they will mess with you unless you're exhibiting some peeping tom behaviors

Last edited:
I have flown down at bass pro lake several times and had no issues. Just try to stay away crowds of people. Be respectful. Lots of good footage. I WOULD LIKE TO GET PEOPLE TOGETHER THIS SPRING AND GO FLY with EVERYONE. EMAIL ME [email protected]...should be fun!!!
I'm in Independence, if you want to go fly sometime let me know and I'll give you my number

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661