DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kansas City, MO

There are many KC parks to fly from - Minor Park and Loose Park might be a good start. If within 5 miles of the downtown airport be sure and call. They're good about it.

Definitely be careful of the downtown airport. There's lots of cool places that are within five miles.

I fly around Minor Park a lot. There's also some good open areas south of Martin City.

I went to Longview Lake over the weekend and it was great. I'd imagine it may get a bit crowded once it warms up, but for now it's awesomeDJI_0332.JPG

Reactions: shaverdan
Nice, have you encountered much enforcement of the "no drone" rules in KCMO parks? I think I am legal if I take off and land outside park, but I think there is an ordinance prohibiting flying within the park except in Longview case, the air-field for which you might be required to be member of AMA and maybe local club. I am AMA member but am averse to joining any club that would have me.

I know most of the parks on the Kansas side have ordinances like that but I don't know about MO. Never had an issue, but my house is right next to Minor Park so I just take off and land from my deck.

I have flown down at bass pro lake several times and had no issues. Just try to stay away crowds of people. Be respectful. Lots of good footage. I WOULD LIKE TO GET PEOPLE TOGETHER THIS SPRING AND GO FLY with EVERYONE. EMAIL ME [email protected]...should be fun!!!

Reactions: nick007 and timdks
Checking in from KC! I went downtown and snagged some footage for a project yesterday and the day prior. Few police officers drove passed me and probably figured out what I was doing...and waved at me. I expected them to stop me, but didn't.

Reactions: Tshred57 and timdks
Nice, have you encountered much enforcement of the "no drone" rules in KCMO parks? I think I am legal if I take off and land outside park, but I think there is an ordinance prohibiting flying within the park except in Longview case, the air-field for which you might be required to be member of AMA and maybe local club. I am AMA member but am averse to joining any club that would have me.

I believe the local LEOs know that you aren't supposed to fly over people, but other than that I don't think they will mess with you unless you're exhibiting some peeping tom behaviors

Last edited:
I have flown down at bass pro lake several times and had no issues. Just try to stay away crowds of people. Be respectful. Lots of good footage. I WOULD LIKE TO GET PEOPLE TOGETHER THIS SPRING AND GO FLY with EVERYONE. EMAIL ME [email protected]...should be fun!!!
I'm in Independence, if you want to go fly sometime let me know and I'll give you my number

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929