DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Katana Mod for Nexus 7

tomsmavic8804

Reactions
I recently acquired the Katana but found that my device (Nexus 7) was too big for the device holder (which should be made larger). So I broke in to my lighting gear bag and came up with a solution. Instead of using the stock holder, I added a small ball head. The ball head "sleeve" was adhered to the back of Nexus using industrial double sided tape to allow me to easily remove the sleeve from the ball head and not get in the way when docked on my controller. Here are some pictures if you are interested.

The ball head is about $25 at B&H and Amazon. You will also need a 3/8 female to 1/4 male threaded reducer screw adapter (about $3) and some strong double sided tape (home depot).

The cool thing is that the screen is now adjustable at about any angle. I can also flip Katana upside down with handle up (which I find more ergonomically comfortable) and the screen merely flips out as well for easy viewing.

Word to Polar Pro...Make the handles detachable and reversible to flip up and allow for a small tablet. If they did, this Mod would not be necessary.

A little expensive mod but it works great for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15