DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Key Largo

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Filmed in Key Largo, Florida, in the Upper Florida Keys.

Filmed with a Nikon D750 and 28-300mm, f/3.5-5.6 lens, Really Right Stuff tripod, DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Gimbal, and DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone, and Apple iPhone ProMax 11. Edited with Adobe Premier Pro, and Photoshop 2021.

A 3:43 minute film in Key Largo, in the Florida Keys. The video features stops at Gilbert's Fishing Camp, the famous Caribbean Club, and Snook’s Bayside Restaurant. The Caribbean Club is the site of the 1948 movie, "Key Largo." Key Largo is a 1948 American film noir crime drama directed by John Huston and starring Humphrey Bogart, Edward G. Robinson and Lauren Bacall. The supporting cast features Lionel Barrymore and Claire Trevor. It has a very interesting history and if you are further interested, Google it. Snook's is a favorite stop for great views, good fresh seafood, and Florida Keys specialties, and fantastic sunsets.

Filmed with Nikon D750 and 28-300mm, f/3.5-5.6 lens, Really Right Stuff tripod, DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Gimbal, and DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone, and Apple iPhone ProMax 11. Edited with Adobe Premier Pro, and Photoshop 2021.

Quite the travel log... beautiful and busy place. Gotta get back there.
Every table was filled on a Tuesday night! (all serving staff and clients wore masks.)
Still struggling with hyperlapse sunsets. (wobbly), 2 second interval. Saved RAW files and processed in LR Timelapse (not the synthesized jpg files).

Reactions: Thomas B
Very nice Dale, love the sunset shots. Snook's pistachio crusted yellow-tail is amazing.

Very nice Dale, love the sunset shots. Snook's pistachio crusted yellow-tail is amazing.
All of the food there was great. But small portions of the fish!

Loved seeing your video. Thanks for sharing a part of the world that is so different from where I live.

Loved seeing your video. Thanks for sharing a part of the world that is so different from where I live.
Thank you. We drove down here in 55 minutes from our house in Miami, and it is like being on a one day vacation to paradise. The Florida Keys are a very special place. Where do you live?

I live in the high desert of Southeastern Utah. It is always dry here and we are enduring a long drought so it is even more dry than usual. Storms forecast for this weekend promise some relief. In some ways this area is a photographer's dream with mountains and canyons galore. The world famous Monument Valley is 75 miles from my home. However, because of the covid 19 pandemic most of the Navajo Reservation, including Monument Valley, is closed. Your videos from trips to Montana are also eye candy for me.

Utah is my dream state to visit. I have been there, including all of the national parks, but pre-drone times. I had a carefully planned out trip to return to that area as well as Sedona, Enchantment Resort (3rd time), Monument Valley with Navajo guide for sunset and sunrise, great unit in Monument Valley with view of mesas, etc. reserved months in advance. This was to be for last May,2020, but had to cancel flights and reservations and guides due to virus. We spent every summer in Big Sky,MT. fly fishing, hiking, and photography. Check out my photography web site
www.daledavisphotography.smugmug.com
and video site. Dale Davis,M.D.

Dale, that footage was awesome. I have always wanted to go to Key West. ALWAYS.

And I will before too long. This is my first entry on this site. I happen to live in Portland, Oregon. The armpit of the world.

Funny enough Key Largo by Bertie is one of my favorite songs. I learned it on guitar and just two days ago I got a new Bertie Higgins double cd. So man, you hit it outta the park for me. Good job with that video and maybe we'll meet someday in Key Largo. It's a small world thank god and you never know who you're gonna run into these days.

Thanks again, bye for now.........OG

Dale, that footage was awesome. I have always wanted to go to Key West. ALWAYS.

And I will before too long. This is my first entry on this site. I happen to live in Portland, Oregon. The armpit of the world.

Funny enough Key Largo by Bertie is one of my favorite songs. I learned it on guitar and just two days ago I got a new Bertie Higgins double cd. So man, you hit it outta the park for me. Good job with that video and maybe we'll meet someday in Key Largo. It's a small world thank god and you never know who you're gonna run into these days.

Thanks again, bye for now.........OG
Thanks for the very kind comments on the Key Largo video. Snooks Restaurant is 55 minutes from my home in Miami. When my wife and I got there, it is like a mini-vacation in paradise. Of course I can pick the best day for clouds (needed for timelapse) by watching the 10 day weather forecast. The Caribbean Club is also a very picturesque place, with a rich history, including a drug den, filming site for the movie Key largo, and other films. Nobody bothers you when flying a drone. In fact, most everyone wanted to ask a lot of questions. I was competing, or dodging with two other drones for that sunset. Key West needs at least an overnight stay-it is a good 2 hour drive without a stop. There are a ton of places to stop for fantastic views, fantastic seafood shacks, and although the road is mostly honky tonk, the lodging and restaurants and scenery are amazing.

Dale Davis,M.D. for video links

Dale, what a great video. Loved it. Looks like it was windy in a couple of clips and as usual, your time lapses are great.

Dale, what a great video. Loved it. Looks like it was windy in a couple of clips and as usual, your time lapses are great.
Not really Geoff. The breezes were quite mild and no problem at all for the Mavic 2 Pro. Palm fronds move easily in breezes. The time lapses accentuates the fronds movement, I think. glad you liked it. Lots of work but lots of fun.

Hi Dave,
everything was already said. I love the colors of the sunsets, looks great! Question:
at 2,41 there is a sunset, then at 2.46 another one. But it´s almost the same as the first one. At 2.54 and at 3.24 there are two practical the identical sunsets. Why that?
cheers Paul

The very second that saw the subject of your post I thought of ..first the film and then that song. Loved them both. Very cool video and perfect for viewing today. It's even chilly here in So Cal. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato