Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Kite checks out my Mavic Pro

Whitwellian

Wonder if it's got that "I wonder is that strange creature tastes nice?" expression on its face? ;)

The Fat Controller

I'd guess the wingspan was about 3 or 4 feet. The birds appeared out of nowhere, checked out the Mavic a few times then headed off when I lowered it and brought it in close to where I was standing. The above photos were stills grabbed from the video. In the video itself the interaction between the birds and the Mavic was over in a flash, they really are quick. I'm wondering whether the reason they didn't grab it was because the noise from the props made them have a rethink about tactics.

Thwyllo

I'd guess the wingspan was about 3 or 4 feet. The birds appeared out of nowhere, checked out the Mavic a few times then headed off when I lowered it and brought it in close to where I was standing. The above photos were stills grabbed from the video. In the video itself the interaction between the birds and the Mavic was over in a flash, they really are quick. I'm wondering whether the reason they didn't grab it was because the noise from the props made them have a rethink about tactics.
Bigger than that - as @Bunny Too says, they're typically a six-foot wingspan. I sometimes have as many as a couple of dozen flying over me which can be a bit intimidating. Also a lot of their slightly smaller cousin the brown kite. But weirdly you're more likely - like the red kite - to find the bloody crows are the more aggressive nuisance.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Capucci