DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Kite Surfing -2-2019 in Maui

MichiganMavic

Reactions
If it weren’t for drones, I couldn’t get awesome videos and pics like these.
Here are pictures I took yesterday around 3200’ off the shore with my Mavic Pro.
I went down to the beach w/o my lenses because I was just going on a quick flight in winds around 10-15mph. It ended up being 4 batteries worth!

3d13bc3d8a6780192025d9b891689069.jpg

3a8530abb8d41e8b2257ed564264a539.jpg

f237ef3b1ddbcfbff366f84dfc54f3e0.jpg

I was on the beach a block away from my house and never expected to catch any of this yesterday. What an awesome surprise!

Last edited:
Now how cool is that, love it;) thanks for sharing your photos

Did you spot them from shore and chase them with the AC, or just work a search pattern, or just stumble upon them? What a magnificent moment.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.
Must have been exciting to see them appear on screen.

Wow that is awesome, thanks for showing us, yes we do share this planet with some fabulous creatures, well jealous you just popped down to the beach and videoed these, dream come true.

Sorry, but due to some messages I received about the legality of the photos, I took down the original photos and replaced them with some kite surfing pics....

If it weren’t for drones, I couldn’t get awesome videos and pics like these.
Here are pictures I took yesterday around 3200’ off the shore with my Mavic Pro.
I went down to the beach w/o my lenses because I was just going on a quick flight in winds around 10-15mph. It ended up being 4 batteries worth!

3d13bc3d8a6780192025d9b891689069.jpg

3a8530abb8d41e8b2257ed564264a539.jpg

f237ef3b1ddbcfbff366f84dfc54f3e0.jpg

I was on the beach a block away from my house and never expected to catch any of this yesterday. What an awesome surprise!
Beautiful Photos, two of the kites and one of the beach, but no whale pictures for some reason.

Beautiful Photos, two of the kites and one of the beach, but no whale pictures for some reason.

I’ve had a few messages after I posted so I took them down.
There seems to be a fuzzy line on drones and whale watching and I didn’t want to be scrutinized by anyone by posting any of those.
Btw, I was on the beach next to the whale foundation located here.
They make the whale counts here and asked if I’d seen anything while I was up in the air... I pointed out the area, and I kept flying [emoji16]

Reactions: Sitka78
I’ve had a few messages after I posted so I took them down.
There seems to be a fuzzy line on drones and whale watching and I didn’t want to be scrutinized by anyone by posting any of those.
Btw, I was on the beach next to the whale foundation located here.
They make the whale counts here and asked if I’d seen anything while I was up in the air... I pointed out the area, and I kept flying [emoji16]
Thank you. I live in Alaska and know about the whale restrictions, We have lots of whales here and can still video them from a distance, just not directly over them.

Thank you. I live in Alaska and know about the whale restrictions, We have lots of whales here and can still video them from a distance, just not directly over them.

They have similar laws here for planes and helos, but they’re not sure on drones. Theyve used one here to get a live birth of a whale [emoji228]

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos