DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

KlooGee saves me: by advising always saving a backup to the cache

In my experience, the video is the same quality as what I get from the memory card on the AC -- plus it has the audio.
It's by far not as good, but if you're happy with it then fine for you.

If I want the sound I just take the SD footage and slap the cache file's audio track on it.

It's by far not as good, but if you're happy with it then fine for you.

If I want the sound I just take the SD footage and slap the cache file's audio track on it.
What software /app do you use to do that? Is it time consuming?

Any video editor will do it in seconds...
Usually in an editor you have a timeline where you can have multiple video and audio tracks. Import both files, add the SD file to the timeline, remove its (blank) audio track, add the cache file to the timeline, remove its (useless) video track, line up the remaining video and audio tracks.

Reactions: Wayno1
It does serve it's purpose. Coincidently, 2 days ago I wanted to quickly edit some unique shots I coincidently took of extreme illegal low flying of ultra lights above the beach behind my house, just when I was about to take off for a routine sunset flight from my balcony. They have to maintain a minimum altitude of 150 meter above the highest point in a 600 meter radius. I imported the footage directly from the SD card to Resolve media bin without first copying to the harddrive. Don't do that! After basic editing I deleted the files from the SD. But of course the project still points to the SD card. So my project is ruined. Spent a full evening to try to recover the deleted files. No luck with Recuva and Recoverit, they're gone forever. Luckily I had the cache files on the phone in 1080p. Crap quality of course, but still somewhat usable. Too bad I couldn't crop without losing a lot of detail. I needed the 4K badly for that. I might share a short clip of what I got out of it, once I'm behind my PC.

Any video editor will do it in seconds...
Usually in an editor you have a timeline where you can have multiple video and audio tracks. Import both files, add the SD file to the timeline, remove its (blank) audio track, add the cache file to the timeline, remove its (useless) video track, line up the remaining video and audio tracks.
Cool, thanks for the tip

It does serve it's purpose. Coincidently, 2 days ago I wanted to quickly edit some unique shots I coincidently took of extreme illegal low flying of ultra lights above the beach behind my house, just when I was about to take off for a routine sunset flight from my balcony. They have to maintain a minimum altitude of 150 meter above the highest point in a 600 meter radius. I imported the footage directly from the SD card to Resolve media bin without first copying to the harddrive. Don't do that! After basic editing I deleted the files from the SD. But of course the project still points to the SD card. So my project is ruined. Spent a full evening to try to recover the deleted files. No luck with Recuva and Recoverit, they're gone forever. Luckily I had the cache files on the phone in 1080p. Crap quality of course, but still somewhat usable. Too bad I couldn't crop without losing a lot of detail. I needed the 4K badly for that. I might share a short clip of what I got out of it, once I'm behind my PC.

Here's a quick edit of my phone cache. I didn't use the sound, to much swearing from my side. "What the beep is this beep doing for beep's sake", and so on.....:)

The video you have saved on your device is highly compressed, even if it does have 1920x1080 pixels, and is nowhere near the quality of what is on your SD card, even if you switch from 4k to 1080p.

Hubby and my HDTV is a 20-year-old 52-inch Samsung that is only 1080p.

If I compare the playback quality of a) a 3.80GB file from the AC's memory card with its 1.1GB backup file that I uploaded from my iPad, neither of us sees any difference.

For example, in both cases the auto license plate to the far right of the image is similarly readable.

My desire is to upload the file to my desktop and edit with Premiere Elements 2018.

Is there a convenient way to do that?

Answer: not super convenient as I need to first upload to an external HDD mounted on my laptop and then move the HDD to my desktop

Is the file .MOV or .MP4?

Answer: mp4, same as on the AC's memory card

My other interest is to synchronize the audio on the device with the video from the memory card on the AC.

I learned how to do this on YT yesterday.

UPDATE 2018 0421@1249:

HIGHnRICH
6 months ago
"When you're in the editor. Open a video and look for an icon with a downwards arrow. tap it and select "Save video to your device." It should save in your Gallery/Camera Roll."

Daisy Patritio
1 second ago
Result: "Failed to save file" -- same result with any of the files in the Editor -- I suspect I need to adjust a setting in the iPad Mini 4 but I'm clueless which one.

EDIT: 2018 0421@1618: hubby tried it with his iPad Mini 4. Result: DJI GO 4 crashes.

EDIT: 2018 0421@1633: Eureka! I found the setting -- I need to allow DJI GO 4 to both Read and Write to the iPad's Camera folder rather than Write Only.

I wonder why DJI wants not only to write but also to read what's in my Photos folder? Hmmm. o_O

Here's a quick edit of my phone cache. I didn't use the sound, to much swearing from my side. "What the beep is this beep doing for beep's sake", and so on.....:)
What the bleep! Anything ever happen to that bleeping bleep?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure