DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC adds to the confusion

KROG has no Class E2 airspace - it's a Class D airport.
It's not a continuous Class D according to the sectionals:

Reactions: Thomas B and sar104
The issue appears to be an AirMap problem. KROG has no Class E2 airspace - it's a Class D airport.
Correct. The area only recently became accessible via LAANC. I still have Airmap, so I'll check the app periodically to see if they have resolved their issue.

I would recommend sending an email to [email protected]--that's the folks behind the DroneZone authorization site. I have had several VERY GOOD experiences with them--they were very responsive and helpful. To get the conversation started, be sure to include your Remote Pilot cert number and the authorization request number of one of the automatic denials.

Based on my experience with them, I'm cautiously optimistic that you'll have the same.

Jim

Reactions: Drgnfli
You should be good to go based on your area, but note that you may be drawing a polygon on an area where two airspaces intersect. You can see this in the gray grids (which mean LAANC cannot be approved, though we'll support this in the next version coming this summer :).

Different operators have different needs. My suggestion would be to find the USS provider that works best for your needs and workflows. They all have their pros and cons.

Reactions: TR Ganey
Can I ask a noob question?

I've had my MP about 4 months, and have only flown using DJI Go4 using my phone.

I have looked at AirMap app, but i thought it was only for looking at controlled areas/planning, and (now) getting approvals.

If I get an approval with AirMap, do I still do my actual flight/control with DJI Go4?

Can I ask a noob question?

I've had my MP about 4 months, and have only flown using DJI Go4 using my phone.

I have looked at AirMap app, but i thought it was only for looking at controlled areas/planning, and (now) getting approvals.

If I get an approval with AirMap, do I still do my actual flight/control with DJI Go4?
Yes

Well LAANC says to notify ATC so what else you gonna do?

The field I am near the ATC folks act like I am a PIA lately. They know something is going on with "hobbyists" & don't want to deal with us. Typical gov answer for everything! I try to do the right thing but they brush me off by saying, "... wait til LAANC comes out for hobbyists..." Ya right! Let's see if the FAA honors their "...180 days commitment for info for hobbyists..." LOL!

The field I am near the ATC folks act like I am a PIA lately. They know something is going on with "hobbyists" & don't want to deal with us. Typical gov answer for everything! I try to do the right thing but they brush me off by saying, "... wait til LAANC comes out for hobbyists..." Ya right! Let's see if the FAA honors their "...180 days commitment for info for hobbyists..." LOL!
Imagine if you told your customers, “hey we are going to arbitrary cancel your service for 180ish days.”

Per the Exception for Limited Recreational Operations of Unmanned Aircraft FAA advisory, hobbyists are not supposed to contact the ATC.

"7.1.5.3 Do not contact local FAA Air Traffic facilities for airspace authorizations."

Yep! I know that, I've read the write-ups & my best interpretation is I DON'T FLY IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD ANYMORE until I am blessed with an FAA decision although I have been permitted & legally flying here for over a year and a half.

Yep! I know that, I've read the write-ups & my best interpretation is I DON'T FLY IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD ANYMORE until I am blessed with an FAA decision although I have been permitted & legally flying here for over a year and a half.

as with anything, being temporarily detained is not unlawful; i just get concerned when it goes on for so long (for the wrong reasons). rumor around here said something about next month but i fear the small airport where i live will figure out how not to make the cut. when laanc does go live and we all get locked i, you MUST get approval to fly, no approval not fly. i know 107s who use it have said it's pretty flawless and quick but i'm thinking when hobbyists come on board, that will all "change" (for whatever reason). afaik, going fwd, a no response is like a denial, right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian