DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC and dji Custom Unlock-wow!

twickers14

Reactions
First of all fully get the need to jump through the hoops but at my age it takes perseverance! Got my LAANC in minutes, really efficient and easy to understand. Then, as I didn’t realise I needed an
unlock from dji, I embarked on an hour’s worth of time to get that. The data I needed to register and then apply for a Custom Unlocking to fly in Controlled Airspace here in Naples FL was significant especially if one is tech challenged but I got there-yea! So point of this post is two fold-just a heads up for those needing to do this for the first time and secondly, did I need to apply for Custom Unlocking or could I have gone for a Self Unlock? Finally as this was my first experience of this process will any/all of the data I had to complete on the dji flysafe site (Controller Serial No etc etc) be retained by the site so I don’t need to troll through all the stuff again when I next need to go flying in a LAANC approved Sector? Hope so and thanks in advance for any help/comments.

Reactions: Ronzo
I have had the same experience as you. DJI geofencing has been a pain in my side, particularly when it came to commercial jobs. Wouldn't it be nice if DJI had a setup where they handled the LAANC and unlock in one app with one action to get ATC authorization and unlocking in one step? Covering their bases and helping the user at the same time? What a concept!

I have had the same experience as you. DJI geofencing has been a pain in my side, particularly when it came to commercial jobs. Wouldn't it be nice if DJI had a setup where they handled the LAANC and unlock in one app with one action to get ATC authorization and unlocking in one step? Covering their bases and helping the user at the same time? What a concept!
Totally agree. Doubt it’ll happen but live in hope!

Reactions: Ronzo
First of all fully get the need to jump through the hoops but at my age it takes perseverance! Got my LAANC in minutes, really efficient and easy to understand. Then, as I didn’t realise I needed an
unlock from dji, I embarked on an hour’s worth of time to get that. The data I needed to register and then apply for a Custom Unlocking to fly in Controlled Airspace here in Naples FL was significant especially if one is tech challenged but I got there-yea! So point of this post is two fold-just a heads up for those needing to do this for the first time and secondly, did I need to apply for Custom Unlocking or could I have gone for a Self Unlock? Finally as this was my first experience of this process will any/all of the data I had to complete on the dji flysafe site (Controller Serial No etc etc) be retained by the site so I don’t need to troll through all the stuff again when I next need to go flying in a LAANC approved Sector? Hope so and thanks in advance for any help/comments.
A lot of times I used another phone to get LAANC, if I'm using my phone to controller. Tablet to controller is different. I start the drone it's says give me the dam numbers or you're not flying, I apply on the separate phone and put the numbers on the drone phone. Now the galaxy z fold 3 multi tasks very well and no need for that but I found it easier.

A lot of times I used another phone to get LAANC, if I'm using my phone to controller. Tablet to controller is different. I start the drone it's says give me the dam numbers or you're not flying, I apply on the separate phone and put the numbers on the drone phone. Now the galaxy z fold 3 multi tasks very well and no need for that but I found it easier.
I’m trying to figure this out too so pls bear with me. Which do you find easier? Is your tablet not cell enabled?

Does Z Fold 3 work as your tablet, with cell connection and Android OS to run DJI Flymore app? Also, can it run at full brightness on a hot day and maintain the brightness? I’m on older iPad and looking for something new and brighter.

I’m trying to figure this out too so pls bear with me. Which do you find easier? Is your tablet not cell enabled?

Does Z Fold 3 work as your tablet, with cell connection and Android OS to run DJI Flymore app? Also, can it run at full brightness on a hot day and maintain the brightness? I’m on older iPad and looking for something new and brighter.
I fly pro platinum on dji4 go. But this phone should do all you want. Plenty of ram 12g plenty of space 512g. Easier than a tablet because you already have it with you, it's your phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98