DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LAANC approval a polygon , DJI unlock a circle

Fishhiker

Reactions
So I don’t understand something or I’m doing something wrong.The airport I live close to just added LAANC flight approval and I used Kittyhawk and got immediate approval for 200 ft flights within a polygon I created in KH.
So I goto to the DJI custom unlock page and you have to input the area as a radius or a circle .
Problem I am close enough to a no fly zone from the airport on one side of the polygon I drew so it appears I can’t take advantage of the other side of the polygon.
So what am I missing or doing wrong ?

So I don’t understand something or I’m doing something wrong.The airport I live close to just added LAANC flight approval and I used Kittyhawk and got immediate approval for 200 ft flights within a polygon I created in KH.
So I goto to the DJI custom unlock page and you have to input the area as a radius or a circle .
Problem I am close enough to a no fly zone from the airport on one side of the polygon I drew so it appears I can’t take advantage of the other side of the polygon.
So what am I missing or doing wrong ?
First question is if you really need a custom unlock? Custom unlocks are for odd circumstances and to unlock DJI red zones. Generally speaking if you can get automatic approval through LAANC the a self unlock from DJI will be sufficient.

If this is really a custom unlock situation then just be sure to cover the DJI zones you want to unlock. As long as it touching the zone it will unlock the whole zone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3