DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Land and not reset home point?

AE1M

Reactions
Is there any way to land the MM and NOT have it reset the home point. Want to land somewhere, then take off again and return home. Dont want to explain the reasons, just looking to see it this is possible.

Is there any way to land the MM and NOT have it reset the home point. Want to land somewhere, then take off again and return home. Dont want to explain the reasons, just looking to see it this is possible.
ounce it lands the motors stop and i think that the homepoint updates when you restart them dont quote me on that, the problem you may have is getting a good enough signal from the RC to the AC to be able to take off again ,and you would also run the risk of the drone overheating while it was on the ground as it would still be switched on

I know the Home Point automatically updates after re-start! I was hoping there was a way to get around that.
if you could land and keep the motors running somehow but that would require a firmware hack i guess

I know the Home Point automatically updates after re-start! I was hoping there was a way to get around that.
The Home Point can be changed anytime you want when the motors are running (as in a restart), by manually setting the HP in the Fly app map to anywhere you want it. Drag the map to reposition the HP.

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO and dezbot
I would like to land at a friends house and then take off again and press RTH and have it land exactly where it took off from. I've played with this and sometimes "home" is reset when landing and other times it's not. Maybe the motors didn't stop entirely the times Home wasn't reset? I'd really like to store individual waypoints without them being part of a "mission". Tell Mavic to go to "Dave's House" waypoint and have it go hover there. Then tell it to go to "Beth's Garage" and I could land there and impress her. Then take off and press RTH and have Mavic come home and land by itself. Not sure it can do that but I'm still figuring this thing out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElNancio