DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing accuracy

Mine tends to set the home point before I can even get off the ground. Does it calibrate after you hit the 7m altitude?

It will reset the home point after takeoff if a more accurate solution becomes available - a good reason to takeoff and ascend vertically until the aircraft has a good enough view of the sky to do that.

It will reset the home point after takeoff if a more accurate solution becomes available - a good reason to takeoff and ascend vertically until the aircraft has a good enough view of the sky to do that.
Cool thanks. Mine has always come in around 2m within my original launch, which has been fine, I usually take control once it's within range (I mean it's always been in VLOS but you know, when it comes close to landing) because I like landing manually anyway (it's fun to me!) but I figured it was just the way it calibrated and figured GPS was only so good....so I never considered it a problem but, now it appears it was user error ha ha. Not my first user error problem, won't be the last.

Mine tends to set the home point before I can even get off the ground. Does it re-calibrate after you hit the 7m altitude?
At 7 metres, the Precision Landing feature (if enabled) photographs the landing point and its surroundings.
Precision Landing uses optical technology to identify the landing point.
Precision landing will put the drone within an inch or two of the launch point.
Cool thanks. Mine has always come in around 2m within my original launch
WIthout Precision Landing your drone will use GPS which will generally put the drone within 2 metres, but sometimes it could be a little more.

Reactions: coneslayer
Well, you obviously don't need to give it throttle to keep it airborne, but if you want the left stick to be the throttle, you can change it.
I think you missed something in my post. It is mode 2, but I was referring to the habits from flying a non self leveling no GPS altitude hold freestyle rig for the past 6 years VS an AP rig. Our left stick doesn't return to to center like these and center doesn't mean hover in place. The flight controller doesn't keep you airborne on those. Your constantly manipulating the sticks.

At 7 metres, the Precision Landing feature (if enabled) photographs the landing point and its surroundings.
Precision Landing uses optical technology to identify the landing point.
Precision landing will put the drone within an inch or two of the launch point.

WIthout Precision Landing your drone will use GPS which will generally put the drone within 2 metres, but sometimes it could be a little more.
I’m missing something here. with the MA & DJI Go you could select Precision Landing, but I can’t find it with the MA2 & DJI Fly

SAR, I pride myself in reading the manual & understand that it makes no reference to being able to “enable the precision landing system” like Meta4 suggested. However, I may be wrong in thinking that I did have the option for my MA though.
i have noticed on my few attempts of making sure that RTH works ok (i don’t normally use it & come back manually) that the MA2 doesn’t seem to be as accurate as the MA.

SAR, I pride myself in reading the manual & understand that it makes no reference to being able to “enable the precision landing system” like Meta4 suggested. However, I may be wrong in thinking that I did have the option for my MA though.
i have noticed on my few attempts of making sure that RTH works ok (i don’t normally use it & come back manually) that the MA2 doesn’t seem to be as accurate as the MA.

Maybe I misunderstood your question - it appeared to me that you were questioning whether the MA2 has precision landing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark