DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing at a non home point and taking off again...

The Signal Lost Action will not work if you are in that last couple feet of landing because it is committed to the landing. After it pauses just before landing you can let go of the sticks and it will continue to land and shut off the motors.

What's the source of this info? Experience? Don't remember reading about this anywhere.

If you're manually landing, the signal lost action would be executed if the remote controller signal is lost.
I used the land here button in DJI Go4.
Video started breaking up and at some point I got disconnected.
My wife said it landed just fine. I called her and she said it was still just sitting there so I told he to just toss it in the truck.
The experiment was not repeated for obvious reasons.

I used the land here button in DJI Go4.
Yep -- you won't have any trouble if you use the automated landing features.

Reactions: Qoncussion
I carried out a remote landing and take off from around a mile away. Had my buddy guide me in to the spot for safety reasons. Signal was great all the way and take off again was a non event.

Reactions: angusc
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I've done this several times. Flying from neighbors property to my house. My house is aprox 112 feet above neighbors, while landing just before MP touches down I loose RC contact and MP continues to land. I imagine if I lost contact several feet higher RTH would kick in. However as it doesn't take 3 seconds till MP lands I think it just continues to land.

I think Mossiback has the answer. If you lost the signal after the craft had committed to the landing and become autonomous, there could be no RTH. The landing protocol even cancels obstacle avoidance among other sensors. I'm also thinking that, once landed, there could be no RTH even if signal is restored.

It tells me that if I can't see the landing sight clearly, Likely, neither can my RC.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Van Shteffy
Just tried for the first time landing my Mavic Pro about 1250 feet away and 225 feet above
my home point/take off point - on a flat area up a hill - from my house. Got a message (can't
remember what it said) before touching down and lost connection - it did not return to home.

Sprinted up the hill and got about 150 feet away from it - I was about 75 feet below and regained
connection (sheewwww!).

Is there a way to pre-program it to do a full landing and then take off again? Was it just a matter
of the hill being in the way and losing connection? My range extenders will arrive tomorrow so
this flight was without them.

Any help is much appreciated!
What are range extenders ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom