DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing, Drifting & Crashing ....

sir_ian

Reactions
whats up all, hope you're all doing better than me this morning, so i went out for a flight in my neighborhood , took off the usual notifications popped up then up i went. some where mid flight, i got a compass error, but i had seen it before so i didn't pay much attn to it (it pops up then goes away less than 2 seconds after) anyway i was landing (pushed RTH) to get to my location then i manually set it down, but when i got to around 5 feet from landing it started to drift HEAVLY and fly in the total oppiste direction but i was still able to lower it it got down to around 3 feet and flew into a wall. landed on its back (top of the battery) anyway please help me understand what the error was and if this will be covered under this "dji care/refresh" thing.

i think i have attatched the flight log, but not 100% sure.

Dropbox - DJIFlightRecord_2017-11-29_[07-08-53].txt

when you took over rth and manually landed, was the mavic facing you? if so obstacle avoidance would kick in (back in to your landing spot)

ok, then maybe the earlier compass error was the problem. I cant but im sure one of the guys on the forum with the know how can determine from your log what the cause was.

Reactions: sir_ian
ok, then maybe the earlier compass error was the problem. I cant but im sure one of the guys on the forum with the know how can determine from your log what the cause was.

is that considered human error?
i have to send it in today & looking at my options

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR