DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing Leg Broken When Removing the Landing Extention

caleb1

Reactions
The other day when removing my landing gear extension from my Mavic Pro Platinum, the front right "leg" part (not the extension, but the leg on the drone itself) broke off. Just the plastic leg part though, the panel with the three screws were remained attached to the drone. Anyone else done this when removing the landing gear extension? I did put it on at about 8000 feet of elevation and tried taking it off at 13,000 feet and broke it. Does that have anything to do with it?

I have been in touch with the seller whom I bought it from via Amazon (TFS Store) and they say I can't just replace the leg part and I need to replace the whole arm because there is a sensor in it. I still have the sensor that is in the leg, it remained attached, only the plastic frame around it broke off. Do I still need to replace the whole arm if the sensor is still there and did not brake off? I glued it back together for now and I will see if that works.

Additionally, is that thing an obstacle sensor or an antenna?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice.

Do I still need to replace the whole arm if the sensor is still there and did not brake off?

You dont need to "replace" the whole arm, but you might need to buy a whole arm just to get the leg off of it.

is that thing an obstacle sensor or an antenna?

It's an antenna.

Can I buy the leg itself? Or do I need an arm?
You can if you can find someone who is willing to sell just that part. Most people only want to sell complete arms.

Reactions: caleb1
Last edited:
Ok. I will see how my glue job worked and if it does not work then I will buy an arm.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Ripper7620
And what's an "OEM DJI Part" if you don't mind me asking?

And what's an "OEM DJI Part" if you don't mind me asking?
An original DJI Mavic part. AKA not a part designed/manufactured by a 3rd party.

Reactions: denisp and caleb1
You dont need to "replace" the whole arm, but you might need to buy a whole arm just to get the leg off of it.

It's an antenna.
This is the same thing I just did, and the arm is a $50 part, also getting at the screw nearest the leg is somewhat of a challenge.

It's amazing how fragile the front landing gear is, just snapped both the right and left ones off in a very minor crash. I temporarily did a crazy glue job until the replacement parts arrive. I ordered this set from Amazon;
http://a.co/40OiLDd
I'll update whether or not they're quality parts and they fit to either help someone else get parts that work, or avoid another Amazon scam.

An original DJI Mavic part. AKA not a part designed/manufactured by a 3rd party.
Ok I see.
That is arm for the Mavic Pro not the Platinum.
I am realizing that I was just mentioning that to see if there was such thing as just a leg (turns out there is but it is not 3rd party).
Good luck with the glue. Make sure not to get any in the motor.
Yep it turned out fine. I had a few uneventful flights after that. I'm not going to bother getting a part if I don't need it.
It's amazing how fragile the front landing gear is, just snapped both the right and left ones off in a very minor crash. I temporarily did a crazy glue job until the replacement parts arrive. I ordered this set from Amazon;
I'll update whether or not they're quality parts and they fit to either help someone else get parts that work, or avoid another Amazon scam.
Yep that's the one I saw. Let us know if its good or not. :)

I just got these yesterday and although they’re for the Mavic Pro, they fit the MPP fine. Be very careful taking the old ones off, as they are glued to the antennas.

How's the quality of the part?

I don’t have any complaints, they fit and all systems are a go. They probably aren’t DJI parts, but they were all I could find on Amazon.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. A lot of people are constantly looking for this part, so it's good know it's a worthy replacement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803