DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing on moving boat

The one time I tried this (with my Inspire) was very tricky. The boat would drift just enough to screw up my approach. I was trying to land on the front seat in a bowrider. The extra underwear is a good suggestion, especially if your battery is getting low. Come back early just in case.

I never tried hand catching the Inspire (or my Mavic 2), but think about wearing safety glasses if you do. Nothing is worth putting your eyes at risk.

Mavic is very easy to catch in one hand and shut off the motors on the controller. The spark not so much and no no on the phantom...

Mavic is very easy to catch in one hand and shut off the motors on the controller. The spark not so much and no no on the phantom...

The phantom seems very easy to catch to me. Long landing gear, not close to props. The mavic takes a lot more care to keep from chopping off fingers especially while it's moving.

First, be prepared to repair or replace the drone. Second, set RTH as hover. If you don't do this and lose signal it will return to the take off point and land. This will be in the water.
You can also set the RTH to return to the RC present location, which I would advise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke