DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing Pad

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
landing pad.jpg

Not sure if this is better than just putting it on a table, but i was out on the weekend taking some shots at a charity walk and didnt like the idea of putting it on the ground. I will probably modify this a bit more to get the landing pad maybe a bit further out, but trying to keep it all as compact and light as possible.
Meanwhile, the CrystalSky and Titan Tactical performed brilliantly and turned as many heads as the drone itself. Just waiting on the QMA-SMA adapters for my inspire controller and it to will run through this groundstation

Will it actually land on it though? Seems like the sensors would not let it land there

I always manual land as I find this quicker and more convenient. Yes it does land there.
Why would sensors stop it from landing there?

Because the sensors would find the open case and above ground helipad an obstacle

Still a bit confused why folks don't use a standard T marking on landing pads .. has been used for a century (or thereabouts) and the Mavic seems to align itself perfectly with that pattern. It also easier when manually landing (though I rarely do that except to keep my hand in).

Very nice setup anzacjack!

That Titan Control Center is a beautiful beast of a component

I utilize the Polar Pro leg extensions on my Mavic, so I don’t mind landing on any surface using the 42” collapsible landing pad that I bought

Whatever works as long as your flying, you’re living!

Reactions: PerfectStorm
View attachment 23102

Not sure if this is better than just putting it on a table, but i was out on the weekend taking some shots at a charity walk and didnt like the idea of putting it on the ground. I will probably modify this a bit more to get the landing pad maybe a bit further out, but trying to keep it all as compact and light as possible.
Meanwhile, the CrystalSky and Titan Tactical performed brilliantly and turned as many heads as the drone itself. Just waiting on the QMA-SMA adapters for my inspire controller and it to will run through this groundstation
Hey Jack, what's it like to be rich? Crystalsky? Wow!

Still a bit confused why folks don't use a standard T marking on landing pads .. has been used for a century (or thereabouts) and the Mavic seems to align itself perfectly with that pattern. It also easier when manually landing (though I rarely do that except to keep my hand in).
style

Reactions: percolated

You mean the style of the markings? T has the advantage over an H because there's no ambiguity as to which way the wind is coming from. Also, when placing the Mavic for takeoff one naturally puts the front legs on the Top bar of the T, which is a good reminder to fly upwind if no other particular plan is in mind.

Nope.
I mean style is why i like the pad i have. along with skins on the drone and other unnecessary items. yep there are plenty of cheap alternatives, or i could just land on a flat surface where i dont need a pad. But I like the looks of the Titan Drone mat.
Im aware of T and H markings, but to be honest, Im standing right there and I know where the wind is coming from etc. If wind is reall coming in to play with how i need to fly, then I most probably wont be flying

Reactions: mfc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_