DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing pad

Ynksfan27

Reactions
Just curious what size landing pad people are using for the M2? I am looking at the 55cm one but wondering if it will be too small. Now that PL is out, maybe that’s not a concern?

Just curious what size landing pad people are using for the M2? I am looking at the 55cm one but wondering if it will be too small. Now that PL is out, maybe that’s not a concern?

I bought a 78cm landing pad, great size & remember they do fold down to a much smaller size. I think a 55cm is a bit to small for the M2 but that’s my opinion;)

Even with PL, not tried it yet but I still think going for a bigger size will help with landing
.347864D6-6D58-4A31-9D63-72D87B57F330.jpeg

Photo of mine while landing at dusk.;)

Last edited:
I never fly without landing pad,trying to protect my motors as much as possible

I bought a 78cm landing pad, great size & remember they do fold down to a much smaller size. I think a 55cm is a bit to small for the M2 but that’s my opinion;)

Even with PL, not tried it yet but I still think going for a bigger size will help with landing
.View attachment 54446

I use the same size. It does fold to the size of a frisbee!

I actually, was sorry I did not get the next size smaller. Even coiled up, it is larger than I'd like for transporting. But that 77+- definitely provides a roomy patch to land on.

Try hand launching and hand catching. My 32 inch helipad never leaves the house for a trip with my drones. It is good for testing precision landing. It gives the VPS a good target to land on. If you do precision landing a lot, get a bigger landing pad. I have landing protection off which gives me more precise manual landings and more stability when hand catching.

Try hand launching and hand catching. My 32 inch helipad never leaves the house for a trip with my drones. It is good for testing precision landing. It gives the VPS a good target to land on. If you do precision landing a lot, get a bigger landing pad. I have landing protection off which gives me more precise manual landings and more stability when hand catching.

Call me chicken but the hand landing is not something I'm going to try soon. Those spinning propellers just seem like surgery without anesthetic!

Call me chicken but the hand landing is not something I'm going to try soon. Those spinning propellers just seem like surgery without anesthetic!

My 1st time trying to hand catch!o_O
A lot of members prefer to hand catch rather than land. It’s down to personal preference I suppose;)

Reactions: ff22
I brought my P4P and my helipad to Philippines for a family visit. My drone attracts kids and followed me around. I hand launch and hand catch cause you never know what kids would do. I stayed on the 3rd floor of a 3 story building. It has a nice balcony to launch from and 180 degree unobstructed view of surroundings. Perfect spot but I got compass error. Hand launch and hand catch solved the problem. This was the spot I tested launching with a compass error warning also. First week of owning the M2Z was learning how to hand catch. Not as easy as the P4P.

.View attachment 54446

I have the same landing pad 78cm and I love it perfect size for the mp2. It folds to about 10 inches and fits in a nice little storage bag.

Reactions: Porky
I have the same landing pad 78cm and I love it perfect size for the mp2. It folds to about 10 inches and fits in a nice little storage bag.

I think it’s a perfect size too, I do have a bit of a nightmare folding it up, especially when it just starts raining, sods law...;);)

Last edited:
I think it’s a perfect size too, I do have a bit of a nightmare folding it up, especially when it just starts raining, sod law...;);)
yes I understand the feeling about folding it up. It's kind of a pain in the butt to fold up anyways whether it's raining or not. But it definitely comes in handy for sure. Good luck with your flying

Reactions: Porky
yes I understand the feeling about folding it up. It's kind of a pain in the butt to fold up anyways whether it's raining or not. But it definitely comes in handy for sure. Good luck with your flying

You too & good luck with folding that landing pad...:):)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky