DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing pad

I have never had a problem with concrete or a landing pad. Now and again I get a compass error, although this seems to happen at random. Most times, I just ignore the error and once the drone is in the air it seems to go. I don't seem to have ever had a problem with the compass in flight.

When I had a Phantom 3, that would often take a while to get it's GPS lock on the ground, but again take off and hover for a few seconds nearly always got the position very quickly. I don't think that the GPS was as good on the P3 Standard as other newer drones.
For what its worth I have had many problems on concrete-like every time on large expanses of concrete such as you find on commercial buildings but none on my driveway which is small regarless of using landing pad or not. But no problems with landing pad on any surface by itself.

Curious what the problems were .. related to a wide expanse of featureless surface, or something else?
All the rebar in the concrete.

That's an hypothesis as to the cause of some perceived problems. I was asking what the problems were? What didn't work as expected, etc.?
Magnetic interference error.

Reactions: mfc
Don't launch with magnetic interference on launch. It may disappear after takeoff, but you've just biased your compass to inaccurate readings that will potentially lead to disaster.

Don't launch with magnetic interference on launch. It may disappear after takeoff, but you've just biased your compass to inaccurate readings that will potentially lead to disaster.
Yes I learned that. I was getting some erratic behavior when I tried to take off or it wouldn’t take off at all. I was totally green then. A bit less now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e