DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LANNC Help

Bigbird48

Reactions
I submitted a request to fly yesterday for today and never got authorization didn't hear back anything. I thought it was suppose to be near instant approval.Is this normal? Or did I do something wrong.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I submitted a request to fly yesterday for today and never got authorization didn't hear back anything. I thought it was suppose to be near instant approval.Is this normal? Or did I do something wrong.
Need a lot more detail to comment. Like how did you apply... website, software, etc
What program/app did you use? Any other details.

If for recreational they don't give authorization -
More info HERE

Well after reading every single post in that thread you linked me to no were did I see that they don't give LANNC authorization to recreational pilots.

Making requests through DroneZone is not LAANC. That's the manual way when LAANC is unavailable. Use Airmap or Kittyhawk to make requests through LAANC.

I thought FAA's webinar when LAANC was released (or about to be released) to hobbyists said to go through dronezone when LAANC was unavailable, but whatever.

I'm not sure that page is working right. When you click on the first two links in the yellow section, you get "part 107 waivers", "page cannot be displayed"
The third link describes the current rules for recreational flying, including LAANC.

The airspace authorization below that can't be LAANC. I don't think LAANC was designed for recurring flights. However this may be a setup to allow recreational flyers to do outside of LAANC that 107 can do.

I use Kittyhawk and have no issues. I'm buffeted right next to Ontario International Airport's outer influence and I get instant approvals. You should use Kittyhawk App or AirMap immediately and get airborne . . .

Reactions: BluecornNM
I use Kittyhawk for LAANC requests. Then double-check the need to do a custom unlock through the DJI Flysafe portal

then why
Ironically, the FAA is not a LAANC provider. You must use a 3rd party app like AirMap for LAANC requests. What you filled out is a waiver request and only 107 pilots can obtain waivers.
is there a section for recreational pilots to ask?????

I thought you could request authorization from a PC at home, before you went to the site to fly. I have no data on my ipad or phone for that matter. So I went to airmap registered but didn't see anyway to request authorization to fly. How is this done.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I thought you could request authorization from a PC at home, before you went to the site to fly. I have no data on my ipad or phone for that matter. So I went to airmap registered but didn't see anyway to request authorization to fly. How is this done.

then why

is there a section for recreational pilots to ask?????
Ok I see what you are looking at now. That’s confusing I will say for sure. This maybe a relic of earlier time. To be honest I don’t really know what this is for.

It looks like a waiver application, it smells like a waiver application but when you click on the the link for “step-by-step instructions on how to apply for an airspace authorization” it just takes you to the 107 waiver section. Weird.
ED1542A0-6861-4875-8F71-758827405CC4.jpeg

I use Kittyhawk exclusively. I always receive Authorization via text within 10 seconds. Give Kittyhawk a try. I like it much better than AirMap because Kittyhawk shows the altitude limits in colored grids. Good luck??

Does your iPad/phone have Wi-Fi capabilities? If so you can get LAANC clearance with Airmap/Kittyhawk app in advance.

Not sure where this belongs but I use LANNC in Ft Pierce FL - no problem Airmap or Kittyhawk. Move down to Stuart and both report 400ft clearance but say LANNC not yet available. Odly Airmap appears to let you go ahead with your flight but clearly states no approval has been given. What are you supposed to do as a recreational flier in these areas?

Not sure where this belongs but I use LANNC in Ft Pierce FL - no problem Airmap or Kittyhawk. Move down to Stuart and both report 400ft clearance but say LANNC not yet available. Odly Airmap appears to let you go ahead with your flight but clearly states no approval has been given. What are you supposed to do as a recreational flier in these areas?
Since the airport in Stuart doesn’t participate in LAANC you’d need to submit an application for a Recreational Flyer Airspace Authorization through the drone zone portal on the FAAs website.

While the process isn’t instant I hear people are generally satisfied with the turn around time. Days maybe a week at worst but not months. The authorizations are for longer lengths of time so you don’t have to redo every time you fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54