DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Larger Smart Device Holder Available?

The mount goes on the Mavic controller the same way a phone does. It is about the size of an iPhone Plus or a Galaxy 7 Edge.

Of course, I see it now. I guess I'll fire up the printer and make one, too. More configurations are good.

Several people have designed 3D printed adapters. This is the best one I have found. I had it printed in ABS at 100% infill and it's solid as a rock. It looks weird to use but it's actually pretty comfortable. It cost me around $20 to have it printed and shipped.

Attachments

• IMG_6820.JPG
    IMG_6820.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6821.JPG
    IMG_6821.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: MavicMo
Thank You! Downloaded the file and now to find someone with a 3D printer who can do it in ABS locally!

QUOTE="Skyclops, post: 7251, member: 1342"]Several people have designed 3D printed adapters. This is the best one I have found. I had it printed in ABS at 100% infill and it's solid as a rock. It looks weird to use but it's actually pretty comfortable. It cost me around $20 to have it printed and shipped.

[/QUOTE]

The remote screen is even still visible with a sunshade attached to the iPad/iPad mini using this adapter. I'm sure the market will be flooded with 3rd party adapters, mounts, and all sorts of accessories once the Mavic becomes more widespread. I prefer the 3D printed route because the design can be altered and printed to the users specs.

3D printers are cool however I believe I will use this Idea for now ; )

Last edited:
This one looks interesting if you are not in need of the portability factor where you are flying. As I fly at the AMA field a lot where we have tables the ground station option as well as the ability to use an iPad Air2 is a plus for me. When out and about on the bike or traveling the phone will be fine, but at fly-in's and meets this will work great. Plus it has a lanyard attachment.
Mavic Pro Tablet Mount

I tried wedging my iPad Mini 4 into the Mavic remote controller. While it does work, I don't think most people are going to like how it feels when holding the remote controller. It feels very awkward.

I see it this way... Is better then noting, when the main concern was to suport devices with 5,5"
Now we have one more choice, that where suposed not to have.

My thoughts exactly! I already have an Air 2 which I'd rather use. So much more real estate on the Air 2!
That's why I am looking at options for the air2, I ordered the one from AerialDroneAccessories and will check it out, he told me if there is some design flaw he will correct it and send another, can't get better service than that. I still have the Inspire device mount and sunshade (as well as the 100 watt power supply for when the advanced hub comes out) so I just need the mount. I also have a tripod & mount for a ground station option. Now all I need is the darn Mavic!

I am not one of the flyers yet, I'm one of the waiters waiting for my ship to come in, whenever that may be. Thinking my shipment was coming in (Amazon then Best Buy) I quickly came up with a holder for my iPad mini using a small camera ball head I had laying around. The sun-shield made of black art cardboard that is removable and folds flat, the first generation hinges made of duct tape. Velcro attaches iPad to plate. The wood is fairly lightweight and sized just a touch bigger than the iPad mini helping to protect it in just in case it is ever dropped. The wood plate can also be detached from the ball head for packing. It seems to me like the rig ought to work with the iPad mini setting just behind the Mavic controller, seems like both screens should be viewable. What do you think?

Attachments

• _DSC5934-aa.jpg
    _DSC5934-aa.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Reactions: AnzacJack
I am not one of the flyers yet, I'm one of the waiters waiting for my ship to come in, whenever that may be. Thinking my shipment was coming in (Amazon then Best Buy) I quickly came up with a holder for my iPad mini using a small camera ball head I had laying around. The sun-shield is removable and folds flat, the first generation hinges made of duct tape. The wood is fairly lightweight and sized just a touch bigger than the iPad mini helping to protect it in just in case it is ever dropped. The wood plate can also be detached from the ball head for packing. It seems to me like the rig ought to work with the iPad mini setting just behind the Mavic controller, seems like both screens should be viewable. What do you think?
I like it

Off the top of my head, I'm envisioning something that will snap onto the controller and accommodate a device holder. I whipped up this illustration quite quickly. Forgive the sloppy nature of it, but I think it shows you what I am thinking of. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6HVqafrvYJLZ0dKX2JRRnpIejg

(I don't see how to add a picture here. I just posted the link to the picture. If there is a way to post the photo in the link, please advise.)
Understand your idea but this place would interfere with the radio and you lose signal...

Bought and received one like in my previous post from a seller on ebay. I've also got a Mavmount on the way.

I bought the ebay model for use with my Iphone 6+ which is encased in an Otterbox Defender. I didn't want to have to remove it whenever I wanted to use it with my Mavic Pro. The mount works great! Its very solid and well constructed. Very stable holding my Iphone (which wears an Otterbox Defender making it too big for the remote's holder) and my Ipad Mini (which is the largest size it was designed for). The mount goes under the remote and puts the display above the remote's display. So the remote's screen is visible. I know some people say there is no need to see the remote's display as everything you need to see will be displayed in the DJI Go app. True but in case of some type of failure of my "Smart Device" the remote's screen becomes the primary source of information...

The mount does not get in the way of any controls. I also like it has a built-in "loop" to hook a lanyard onto. If there is one very minor negative its trying to insert the USB plug between the rails. Takes a little dexterity...

Just for grins I tried my Ipad Air on it even though the ebay ad specifically call out the Ipad MINI. Since I use the Inspire mount I knew the Ipad Air would fit. The Ipad Air is a bit heavy for the mount. It makes it a bit wobbly and the weight distribution is too far forward. But thats why I have the Mavmount coming.

For a Smart Phone up to a tablet the size of an Ipad Mini it works great!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580