DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro Largest castle in the Netherlands

Stickybit

Reactions
Recently I flew around the largest castle in The Netherlands (Kasteel De Haar).
This footage also was edited with the music in mind.

Hope you all enjoy the video!

I hit the "like" before viewing only because of the subject matter. Then after viewing, wished I could say more than just "like".
The first thing I noticed was how impressive the airwork was. But then I realized the editing was just as creative !!! Maybe the editing made the airwork smoother and more creative ?
Edit;
I'm asking because I don't know - I'm not an editor.

Reactions: Stickybit
Recently I flew around the largest castle in The Netherlands (Kasteel De Haar).
This footage also was edited with the music in mind.

Hope you all enjoy the video!

Wow! What a gorgeous place. You teased me with the quick flyovers, and then slowed down so I could study those beautiful gardens.

Reactions: Stickybit
Really enjoyed it except the first part. Not a fan of the rotation shot.

Is that castle the 1 that is sinking?
Hi, I don't know of any sinking castle in the Netherlands. Maybe you could enlighten me on that? If I can find it, I'll try to fly over there also

I hit the "like" before viewing only because of the subject matter. Then after viewing, wished I could say more than just "like".
The first thing I noticed was how impressive the airwork was. But then I realized the editing was just as creative !!! Maybe the editing made the airwork smoother and more creative ?
Edit;
I'm asking because I don't know - I'm not an editor.
Thanks for this compliment!

The airwork is just done by flying a lot, different angles, different approaches. This I do in order to get enough material so I can pick the things that are "best".
The editing is what makes it look smoother, there was a lot of video minutes I couldn't use because of the light/too sudden movements etc..

What I'm trying to do the last few edits is to choose music, mark the transitions in the music and use those transitions to switch to another view. I use about 3 or 4 "flight timelines" of which I'm displaying the flight.
By cutting those into pieces but stil sequentially have them in the timeline, it looks better.

I always film in RAW, so I can get the colors better in the editor. I use Final Cut Pro for editting.

I hope my short text helps you to also make some nice movies!

Great video. Did you have to acquire permission to fly over it?
You can't fly there when the castle is open (it's a museum) but after these hours you can fly there. It's not a no-fly zone and when you don't fly over people (there weren't any in the evening :)) and keep a safe distance of the building it's alright to fly over there!

Really enjoyed it except the first part. Not a fan of the rotation shot.
The rotation shot was a first for me. I just tried it (rotating the drone while descending). It's a shot which can get you dizzy, but it looked funny enough for me to use it as an opening of the video.

Not something I would use every time, but just for fun :).

Reactions: Texbow
Very well captured. Beautiful location. I’ll have to make a side trip on the next visit to AMS.

You really should! Apart from the castle, also the surrounded parc is very nice! Especially during spring and summer ofcourse!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121