DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Laser engraving

elwyn5150

Reactions
Has anyone had their contact details engraved on their drone?

I went to a shop that does metal engraving and key cutting. Their engraving expert suggested that their tools would just melt the plastic. He suggested getting laser engraving.
I have found one laser engraver who quoted me AUD$60.

I am wondering if anyone else has had their drone laser engraved and how it turned out.

What if you want to sell one day? Im sure the new owner isnt going to want your info permanently etched into the Mavic. I agree with RayOZ, just get a label, generate a QR code to stick on there.....

Reactions: Kilrah
You can buy an Epson label maker cheaper and not ruin your drone for resale.

So nobody has done it, which was the real question.

What if I don't ever want to sell it? Electronics devalue. I am the sort of person that used my previous bicycle for over ten years and still have it.

Probably not. If you crash your drone, and use care refresh, DJI might give you a refurbished one, and then you have to engrave again.
As for laser engraving itself, I bought my iPad direct from Apple and had custom engraving done. It’s pretty nice, and you can’t even feel the engraving. So if you do plan to do it, maybe do it on the metal surface, rather than the plastic. I think the engraving comes out black, so it might be hard to see on the MP and MPP. And you have to make sure it’s machine done, not by hand.

I have a 45W laser engraver. You can engrave plastic as long as it does not contain chlorine. A small spec is tested over a flame and if it burns green it has chlorine in it. If no chlorine, and properly engraved, there is no chance of melting. Metal parts can also be easily engraved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu