DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Laser Etching FAA Identification Numbers on Drone.

I have a friend that has a Laser Etching machine. I was talking to him about possibly doing some work for me. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this, or what your thoughts might be.

I would not do that. First, the registration will expire and has to be renewed (most likely you'll get a new number) second, what if you want to sell it later?

Reactions: dawgpilot
When I said "microscopic" I was referring to the rants posted on drone forums by persons who don't want to comply with this new rule. I was not implying that they have the means or equipment to literally print microscopically. What is a microscopic printer anyway? C'mon man

But if you want to argue semantics the FAA statement specifically states:

"The requirement is that it can be seen upon visual inspection of the aircraft’s exterior... readily accessible and maintained in readable condition"

It can be as large or as small as you choose and still fulfill that requirement. Their words -- not mine.

I read the actual rule, which was printed in the Federal Register this week. The rule simply says the marking must be "legible". Common definition of that is readable, which would negate printing it so small that equipment is needed.

I wrote mine on a prop with a pencil... free!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa